lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #41
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Kubota D782 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
My wife however does not see things this way. This cart is a tool we need, but when I asked to buy a fullsize UTV, i.e. Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule, etc. I was told to make due with what I have!
Since apparently you don't have a tractor either, I suggest you hook your wife to the spreader and spike drag for a day or 2. Tell her "I'm making do with what I have".[/QUOTE]

I would love to see this... I'd pay to see this. Well, maybe not since my wife holds the purse strings. You know what, I might try growing a pair of nuts this next season, Texas soil is perfect for it.

Tractor and implements, I have. The cart is viewed as a toy.

Going to have to find a new place to mount the radiator anyway... up under the 'hood' isn't looking promising.
GodDogGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2019, 07:21 AM   #42
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Been single a long while, eh? [/QUOTE]

Yea, either that or his wife is really well trained?
Old 10-03-2019, 08:38 AM   #43
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

AHHH. The chores you mentioned are all easily handled by a small tractor although I do realize the handy factor of a cart for some tasks. Also, no, no wife, trained or wild, to deal with when purchasing tools or equipment.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:28 PM   #44
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

How is your repower coming??? You are keeping some of us in suspense here!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:45 AM   #45
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of posts lately, trying to button this thing up so I can use it before "winter" hits here in Texas.

Made some decent progress over the past couple of weeks.

IMG-1083.jpg
I got the 12 volt fan cut down to fit inside of the shroud.

IMG-1087.jpg
I really had nowhere else to mount the radiator, so this is the location I chose, should at least get good airflow.
I used a combination of the stock mounts and bought some aluminum 1.75" light brackets, drilled them out, and rubber mounted the bottom of the radiator.

IMG-1079.jpg
I am quickly running out of space to put things. I need to mount the fuel cell there are not a whole lot of options left at this point. I will find somewhere to stick it (that's what she said).

IMG-1095.jpg

All that is left is to mount the fuel tank and run the wiring, then I can fire it up and see if it works in real life the way I planned for it to in my head.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #46
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Phat
Nice little radiator, what did it originally go to? You using the original temp sensor to activate the electric fan? Also, would you mind giving me a little info on that alternator and it’s mount? The alternator that came with my unit was a remote mount and I’d like to change that.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #47
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Build is looking great. I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze a fuel cell in somewhere.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #48
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzybird View Post
Phat
Nice little radiator, what did it originally go to? You using the original temp sensor to activate the electric fan? Also, would you mind giving me a little info on that alternator and it’s mount? The alternator that came with my unit was a remote mount and I’d like to change that.
The radiator is the original from the Kubota GR2100 as is the alternator. Below is the parts breakdown from Kubota online parts. They refer to it as a 'dynamo'.
https://www.kubotausa.com/parts/kubota-parts-products

Kubota_Dynamo.jpg

I have literally taken every piece off of the lawn tractor and tried to re-purpose it somewhere on my cart. The fuel tank is way too big, so I have been looking for a smaller fuel cell. Not sure what I will use or where I can mount it. There is more room in a golf cart than there is in this thing!

Hoping to start on the wiring harness today, also took this off of the Kubota lawn tractor, figured why not use it... all of the connections line up, some I need, a lot of them I don't.

I have been heavily researching brakes, unless I switch to some sort of disc brake, I am going to have a difficult time stopping this thing. I know I have seen others use them on what appears to be the same transaxle I have, but I have yet to find a kit that will work.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:08 AM   #49
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Build is looking great. I'm sure you'll be able to squeeze a fuel cell in somewhere.
Thank you for the words of encouragement, I have been starting to think I am in over my head, but I HAVE to finish this.

I am not a mechanic (certainly not a diesel mechanic), fabricator, welder, etc. so if I can do this, anyone can do this!
Old 10-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #50
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

My bad, I thought I saw a mechanical fan on the diesel in a earlier pic. Thanks for that info on the alternator, if I can source one cheap I may give it a shot. It appears that the mounting spot on my motor is slightly different than yours, it may be just as easy for me to put a common off the shelf alternator on there if I have to make a custom bracket anyway.
Did that lawn tractor have a fuel filter/water separator on it? You’ll need to source a spot to put one in regardless, pretty much a must. Also, did the lawn tractor have a electric fuel lift pump anywhere on it? They make bleeding the fuel system so much easier and if you can’t mount your fuel cell for gravity feed you’ll need one anyway.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps