lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2017, 05:23 PM   #21
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Dirty Low Down

Thanks Don I really appreciate that.

I was able to get both the drive clutch on, and the driven clutch on today, I also got the back end dropped where I want it, I do need a couple of brackets but I am in the process and making those, maybe tomorrow. Painted a couple of 8" rims pure white, sprayed some galvanized paint here and there, to help with the aluminum corrosion.

The real fun begins tomorrow when I start to pull the front end off and flip it upside down and reverse it
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #22
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Not much work getting done, Lone Star rally going on, our little island is popping!
Old 11-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #23
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Looking forward to see how yours turns out. I will be doing the same thing to my G2 soon.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #24
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Thanks brutal I appreciate that,I could use a lot of help, I have the rear end totally done I will post pictures so you can see them, I Wish I Had a Yammer Hammer to be working on, I love those carts but cannot have the one. for I live on an island with lots of Salt Air. I've got the back figured out where if I want to,i can run air bags down the road . On the front I used a Mad Jacks and flipped everything over it works pretty good but I'm going to need some extending Helms. I may still come to you for an engine, and let my friend have the engine that I have.
I have not fired the engine up yet so it's still a virgin.
But I don't think it's going to meet my needs. So I will use it for a mock-up and get everything going and then probably give you a shout on a fresh engine they can take my abuse.

PS
I will take a few pictures today The Stance is bitching I just hope it's not too low LOL
Old 11-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #25
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Here's a couple of pictures of the rear axle mounted down, I love everything with the exception that my Springs are an 1 1/2" from touching the concrete, my only complaint, this is not set in stone but it did Hold My Big Buddy a 340 lb without dragging or squatting or any of those things.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #26
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I must admit I really like the stance, the front end is going to require a couple of things such as longer Helms at the top, to push out the wheel so it's not at an angle, also I'm going to need to probably make or cut where the steering rod won't be at such an angle.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #27
Frankenstein
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool to see you doing this to a club car rather than an ezgo like everyone else, I'm doing a Yamaha on air ride. I like the challenge of doing something you haven't really seen done before. Is there any chance you could show some pics on how you re-worked the lift in the front to make it sit low? I love the look of that tilt on the wheel, my Yamaha does the same but it's a little more extreme
FRANKENSTEIN
Frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #28
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Spent quite a few hours yesterday working on dirty lowdown. I actually got the front suspension completed today I get to go back and tighten everything up and take pictures. I will start working on a wiring harness for the ignition system sometime today. I have two more rims to paint. I also need to figure out how to make a rusted out throttle lever work again. I will try to take a lot of pictures today and post them this evening.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #29
HBR
Gone Wild

I really like that lowered look on a Club Car - nice work!

I may have missed it, did you put HS gears in the rear end?
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #30
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I do have a spare set of 6:1s for this cart but I want to see how it runs with the stock gears, before I make a decision.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!