lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Talking Dirty Low Down

So I have been wanting to build a golf cart that was slammed to the ground for a long time. Totally the opposite of the golf cart that I have now. I have become pretty knowledgeable on the lifted carts. But slamming one to the ground I know nothing about, I'm really not worried about shocks or suspension, to me it can be like a hardtail motorcycle,lol
I have acquired an 18 horsepower generator that just could not take day after day use from Hurricane Harvey, the motor is fine but the generator itself is fubar.

These are a few things I have to start the build,

2004 gas Club Car frame.
Both front and rear body parts( that need a whole lot of love).
A brand new Mad Jacks 6in lift for the front. ( hoping I can flip it somehow and use this for slamming the front end)
Spare rear axle,( stock gears) no kind of brake assembly at all
8" rims and tires ( has like 12 of those tires and rims, next garage sale I will sell the rest of them)
I have a spare pcc driven clutch, with wide belt.
I have a comment 820 drive clutch off of a 23 Vanguard hoping that will work on the motor I am receiving it has a 1-inch crank to my knowledge.

Things that are missing,
Front seats
Brakes
Cradle for the engine
Roof stuts
Body has holes for the lights, but no lights

I am hoping I can go get the generator next week sometime after work.

Is super stoked about this build,
My name is Project Club Car,
It has been 2 months 3 days 46 hours since I ordered golf cart parts......
For some reason I think this build is going to cost me more than my jacked up build..... hangs head in shame
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Dirty Low Down

So I got the heartbeat for dirty low down today, took off a few things getting it ready, gas tank, intake have been removed, hopefully tomorrow I can crack this engine open and remove the governor and low level oil gauge sending unit.

Making a list for Vegas carts, need a header air filter carb adapter maybe a few other things LOL.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

That's a gravity fed fuel setup, and that OEM rubber hose will disintegrate in short order. Don't ask questions , just replace it with some American made fuel line. You can thank me later.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:07 PM   #4
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Thanks I will definitely take that advice I plan on running new fuel line anyway?
Question I have, is do I have to run an electric fuel pump or is there a way to hook up a pulse fed pump to this engine that I purchased?
Old 10-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Question I have, is do I have to run an electric fuel pump or is there a way to hook up a pulse fed pump to this engine that I purchased?
We have reached the end of my gas cart experience as I am a sparky cart guy. I just happen to know about that fuel line disintegration from the numerous Chinese small engines I service on a regular basis. Someone else will need to jump in here.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The adapters from Vegas carts do not fit the duromax engine, different angle on the head. Could try and tap the existing isolator, but I would just put a fitting in the valve cover for vacume. Does that engine have a tapered shaft?
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #7
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

It has a 1in Straight Shaft, I have decided to go with a low pressure electric fuel pump. 2 to 4 lbs of of pressure is what I think I'm looking for. But still not sure. LOL

As it stands this cart is in very very rough shape.
I am some how, gonna make room in my already cluttered garage.

I will actually take pics of the cart tomorrow, just so everybody can get a good laugh.

The cart that I have now was in very rough shape when I got it I actually drug it home with a tow strap with all four wheels locked up, and now the cart is what all the yuppies wish they had. But in reality it's just an awesome hunting vehicle.

Nobody in my neighborhood not one person has a low to the ground golf cart, so I'm hoping to start a new fad.

Always somebody that got to one-up you.....lol
Old 10-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

So here are a couple of pictures of the cart, I think it's in better shape then the card that I started out with. Don't look at the pictures too close you will find Bondo on the front cowl, holes on the back body, Costco brakes that are rusted.
( I am hoping maybe the Costco brakes will work better on a street cart, they were crap in the dirt and mud, At 56 dollars each time you replace the pads, that gets expensive after one muddy weekend cuz they are gone by the time you get home)
Rusted out steering wheel, a top that has been in more rolls than I can count,

Let's not forget the project manager Red Dog
Old 10-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

What a great day got stuff done, Governor removed from the new engine, and the low oil sensor removed from the new engine.

I will try and post pics this evening, looking in my cluttered garage for a set of clutches and a belt....
Old 10-28-2017, 04:02 PM   #10
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What do you mean costco brakes?
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!