lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
davekayse62
Not Yet Wild

Default Taylor Dunn Diesel Build

well I started my project. Its going to be a slow moving project but ill update as I make progress

My master plan is to install this Yanmar 3 cyl diesel sitting in the corner of my garage, and have my drive system to be hydraulic. also want to have a piston powered dump body.

I cant really think of any other way to power the cart besides hydraulic, the rear end is already chain driven from the electric motor. im building for a farm/yard truck and im only looking for 20 mph max. (if you have ever ridden in a TD you know why)

I know im going to have some clearance issues, I may have some space between the bed and cab for the motor.

I am by far not a hydraulic expert, so i'm definitely going to need some help when it comes down to that part.

also looking for places to purchase stuff like universal radiators and coolant tanks,

here are some pics.

Perfectly good running TD

finding a lot of rot. stripping all the rotted panels, and welding in some new frame pieces in a couple of spots

davekayse62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps