lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool RESTORING 83 EZGO - Need Help!!!

Day 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxNCJngtgt0

Day 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITukYqJBgk

I have bought an old 1983 EZGO gold cart. It is three-wheeled and has a sheet-metal body.

I have a few questions, first, I cannot afford the $450 for six golf cart batteries, I was thinking about using 3 12V deep cycle batteries instead, will this work? I know it will have reduced run time, but will it affect the motor at all?

Second, can I run more than 36V on the motor without damaging it, say 4 12V batteries. How many volts can u run before it starts wearing the motor down? What would be a safe voltage for full-throttle use weekendly for running around and having fun?

Third, I need parts, all the old parts are useless, broken and corroded. Here is a critical list, please help:
-Full Wiring Kit
-Double Wide Micro Switch For The F&R
-3-Position Key Switch
-Complete accelerator assembly (with solenoid and wiring) (heavy duty solenoid proferred)
-Tan Seat Back Assembly
-Tan Seat Bottom Assembly
-Tires
-36V Battery Charger
-Brake Assembly
-Headlights / Tailights

THANK YOU!!! To follow my project, check me out on youtube!

Day 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxNCJngtgt0

Day 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITukYqJBgk

NOTE: This is a repost, I posted this in the wrong section earlier today, very sorry, it seemed like this section was a better place for it!!!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: RESTORING 83 EZGO - Need Help!!!

Why do you have 2 of the same topics with the same post?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: RESTORING 83 EZGO - Need Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Why do you have 2 of the same topics with the same post?
This is a repost, I posted this in the wrong section earlier today, very sorry, it seemed like this section was a better place for it!!!

If you want to delete the other one thats okay, its in the wrong section, once again, SO SORRY, VERY SORRY!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

No need to appologize. The other section is the better place though. This forum doesn't get as much traffic as the other.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
napalaz
Gone Wild

Hey Partner I dont want to burst your bubble but your going to blow more $$$$$$$ than the cart is worth I speak from experience I have a very similar cart That ive spent alot of money on and I cant even get 1800.00 for If you interested Ill sell you mine its almost 100% restored upgraded to 48v new bats 12 inch wheels on back 10 on front rhinolined body lights horn and a bunch of other things you can check it out in the desighn center 1500.00 and 2000.00 with a trailer.
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #6
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
No need to appologize. The other section is the better place though. This forum doesn't get as much traffic as the other.
I'm glad your so understanding, some of the other forums I am part of (like the free website hosting forums) will suspend you or delete you if you step one mm across the line....... THANKS!!! TTYL
Old 01-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

napalaz,

I don't have that much, I figured I could spend about 800 at the most on this cart, and sell it for a little over a thousand, AFTER I have alot of fun, thanks though!!!

Besides, I love working on stuff, its a hobby, I also work on my Chevy S10 Blazer alot, my friends cars, etc... My labour is hella cheap to me, its more fun to do the mechanical work than get paid, well, allmost...
Old 01-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
napalaz
Gone Wild

Cool if u need any help just give me a shout I also noyiced you sanded down to metal remember you need etching primer when you re-paint if not it will turn into a rust bucket and the paint wont stick
Old 01-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalaz View Post
Cool if u need any help just give me a shout I also noyiced you sanded down to metal remember you need etching primer when you re-paint if not it will turn into a rust bucket and the paint wont stick
I was thinking Rustoleum Professional Quality grey primer? will that work?

Also, and this goes to anyone, is $75 for a 6V EZGO battery (runs 2 hrs) a good deal? I need to know so I don't waste money.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
napalaz
Gone Wild

No it has to be etching primer you can get it in rattle can at NAPA also when you say ezgo battery ru talking Trojan thats what oem is in ezgo and if thats the case yes thats a good deal Trojans are expensive but In my profesional experience ( I sell $200,000 worth of bats a month) the NAPA 8144 is the best bat for the money We tested them against all major brands including Trojan and it did the best. They are cheaper than Trojan if you are going to go with a 12v automotive bat use a good group 31 you will need 3 to get 36v and the only negative is size its biger that gc bat so u will need to modify the way they sit in the cart also ur run time will be shorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoRider420 View Post
I was thinking Rustoleum Professional Quality grey primer? will that work?

Also, and this goes to anyone, is $75 for a 6V EZGO battery (runs 2 hrs) a good deal? I need to know so I don't waste money.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center