lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Precedent Battery cables and Light pigtail placement

OK so I bought another cart to fix up and resell, 04 Precedent electric. Its going great and the thing looks awesome after some repainting and some compounding and buffing of the body panels but here is my question...
Bought a light kit to install, but I know the pigtails for the light hookups at the batteries are not in the right spots, well the positive probably is, but the ground side is on a different battery and on the positive post there also. This cart has had the batteries replaced but never had a light kit so noone cared where the connectors ended up, but now I do. Any pictures or can someone give me a good description ? Thanks Again--Tom
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Battery cables and Light pigtail placement

Hey Tom :)

On mine they are on Battery #4, just like the attached picture shows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart battery layouts.jpg (54.5 KB, 27 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Battery cables and Light pigtail placement

Thanks but after reading the directions for the second time, I now get it, I missed this part in the beginning. Both battery #1 and battery #4 have a positive pigtail(blue) coming off the positive battery terminals. This is to be used with either a system that has a converter or one that does not. Its setup to just plug into either a 12V supply(1 battery) or 48V supply(using all 4 batteries). Thanks for the reply Scuba
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car