lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2021, 09:56 AM   #1
ss243b
Not Yet Wild

Default Starting/solenoid issues

2008 st350 having issues starting, checked the coil tested good. Put cables back on the solenoid and i get 12v on one large terminal and 3-4v on the other large terminal when pedal is pressed. Put a new coil in just because i had it and i get the same result. Anyone ran into this?
ss243b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting/solenoid issues

With pedal depressed, what is the voltage on the small (+) terminal? Should be battery voltage, or very near. Should drop to 0-volts when you let off the pedal. If you get battery voltage there, and only 3-4 volts on the big terminal (starter generator side) of the solenoid, your solenoid is bad. If your voltage on both terminals drops to 3-4 volts when pedal is depressed, the battery isn't pushing the load and is likely bad. Coil should not have anything to do with it. Make sure you are using a golf cart (continuous service) solenoid. Automotive solenoids don't work in golf carts, as they are only intended for intermittent service. Golf cart solenoids are in service the entire time the pedal is depressed, and automotive ones simply burn up.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
ss243b
Not Yet Wild

The small + wire on the solenoid is also reading 3v, the battery is reading 12.4 but i noticed when the pedal is pressed down and the engine is trying to turn the ground wire is getting hot. Normal for the situation? Battery seems to be good with the voltage
Old 09-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #4
ss243b
Not Yet Wild

Hooked my battery charger on it and it fires right up, first time ive ever had a battery read good voltage and be the problem. Thanks for the heads up 👍
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO