lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default oil lite

hi guys iv just changed the oil in my club car and in the rear

my problem is when im driving the oil lite turns on for a few sec and then off and sometimes it will stay on for few min should i be worried ?

or how might i no if i had put enough oil in the rear and engine ?

i followed this thread on filling it >> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...rear-axle.html

2nd question

when i take off on my cart the rear top clutch make's a weird loud noise like eeeerrrrrrrrr, but when i get going a little its ok just on taking off,... any reason why and how can i fix it,i have replaced the belt on it but still doing the same thing
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: oil lite

here is a vid of the noise, i hope u can hear it and may be help me out to solve the problem

Old 05-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
rib33024

See how the belt sits at the top of the clutch in the pic, and on yours it sits half way down in side your clutch, need to take the clutch apart and see whats wrong in side, somethings not sliding right--

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...g-100_1187.jpg
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

iv noticed that today when i moved the belt there is like a half inch to an inch gap on the clutch

wonder what might be wrong ? i never took one apart before
Old 05-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

yo nitro what part of ohio you in? im in c bus area so if you need any help. let us know. but from the audio i can here it sounds as thou theres some dry bearings in it. your hocky pucks look good from what i can see. i agree with rib. if you drained and fill the trans and the rear axle, and filled both to the proper level. and you found no issues when draining, ie metal chunks, and you clutch is not fully engagaing, pull it off, no puller needed, and pull it apart. BE VERY CAREFULL! THESE THINGS ARE SPRING LOADED! also remeber these are cast aluinium and are very strong, but fragile. they will crack and get damaged if pryied on, then its time for a new clutch. they are only held on with the 5/16 bolt. and there a wodruff key in it. if you get it apart and no issues, buff the axle drive shaft with a little 220 to get rid of any corrosion, and apply a little antisieze to it so it wont stick on there again! antiseize is your friend with aluimium and steel!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i live in Port clinton Ohio, i think im about 2-3 hours away from Columbus....ill try to take the clutch off when i get some nice weather...to much rain lol

for filling the oil/rear end oil ect... i followed the thread above on my first post i hope that was correct
Old 06-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

oh snap glad im here in c bus were there calling for pop up showers do to the golf tourny. thank god i have a garage to keep me nice and dry . and no gravel to lay on or loose parts in!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car