lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
murtiv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default adding turn signal to new LED lights

About 5 years ago I added lights and turn signals to my '00 Club Car DS, Recently we decided to upgrade our lights to LED. I order a whole new kit of wiring harness and lights. While installing, I noticed that my old turn signals had an 8 wire plug with bullet connectors (Blue, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Orange, Brown, Red)
My new light kit (GTW) has 9 wires with spade connectors (Blue, Yellow, White, Purple, Brown, Green, Gray, Red, Black).
I can build wire connectors between the different plugs but how do I account for the different number and color of wires?
murtiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: adding turn signal to new LED lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtiv View Post
About 5 years ago I added lights and turn signals to my '00 Club Car DS, Recently we decided to upgrade our lights to LED. I order a whole new kit of wiring harness and lights. While installing, I noticed that my old turn signals had an 8 wire plug with bullet connectors (Blue, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Orange, Brown, Red)
My new light kit (GTW) has 9 wires with spade connectors (Blue, Yellow, White, Purple, Brown, Green, Gray, Red, Black).
I can build wire connectors between the different plugs but how do I account for the different number and color of wires?
Didn't they supply you a schematic or wiring diagram to identify the wiring? Without it, I have no way I can think of to give you precisely what you need. If they didn't, contact the manufacturer.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: adding turn signal to new LED lights

With a whole new kit the idea is to strip out the old lights, harness etc and replace it all with the new kit. Then the plugs in the harness will be the same.

If you don't want to do that but want to leave the old control switch on the steering column, for example, and wire it to the new lights then, without a schematic, you'll have to do some tracing.

I wired mine up from separate bits that I bought on eBay so I had no schematics. In order to work out what did what with the switch, I moved the switch arm to one of the positions (e.g. left indicator or lights on etc) then tested each connection with a multimeter set on continuity. When I heard the tone I knew that those terminals that I was testing were for that function of the switch. I then repeated the process for each switch position and built up a table showing which wire pairs came from each switch position. Once you know that it is pretty easy to connect everything together because you can see which wires come from each light, the horn etc.

I hope that makes sense.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car