lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #1
Billycro214
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV or Precedent??

My name is William, and I’m new here! I apologize if this has been done before, but I’m looking for some honest, knowledgeable input on which direction to go.

RXV -or- Precedent.

I know all about the differences between the two, DC vs AC, I know
About motor brakes going out on RXV, and drum brakes locking up on precedents. I know that Precedents are a SOLID golf cart...that was the original
Direction I was going to go...until I test drove an RXV! So now I’m sort of leaning towards RXV, but just want to make sure I’m not making a bad
Decision. Price is within a couple hundred bucks, so I’m not worried about that. Either scenario would be stock motors/controllers/new Trojans/lifted (5” or 6”) with new 14”wheels/tires.

Both models would be either. 15 or
16 model year.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Billycro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV or Precedent??

William, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Welcome to the forum. Both are good carts but IMO the RXV may have issues if lifted too far. If it has the 350 amp controller it is better but to get reliable performance the controller will need to be programmed accordingly. If left in stock format the RXV can be programmed to run high 20s on stock tires hauling 4 people. 21” tires and your in the low 30s. Precedent is also a good ride because you can pretty much do what you want with it based on your budget..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #4
Billycro214
Not Yet Wild

The is for the reply! I should have mentioned that the rxv would be set in freedom mode. We have some steep hills in our neighborhood, that’s what
Attracted me to the rxv. I won’t be doing anything extreme with it, riding around the neighborhood, going to the pool, etc. I like the idea of having extra torque for these steep hills!

I could also pay the cart shop to program either cart to whatever would be recommended for my area.

Middle of SC, very humid, but don’t have to worry about the salt. Will be garage kept so I am not too worried about rust. I keep my things clean and I’m good working order!
Old 05-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Problem with the RXV is it is a rolling computer. The controller calculates many things based on throttle, load and rpm of the motor. That changes when you put big tires on there. The 350 amp controller would handle it better but still a load. All would require a heavier solenoid and cables. Same thing with the precedent plus controller. As for programming the RXV correctly you would need someone who has a developer level programmer. Most dealers won’t have this. Where are you located in SC ?
Old 05-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
Billycro214
Not Yet Wild

I’m in Lexington, SC

The place I would get it from gets his EZGOs from a professional
Builder in Augusta right next to the plant. He has very reasonable
Prices compared to all the other dealers I have priced them out at. He does all of his precedents there at his shop.

If I went the RXV route I suppose I could request something specific to be done to it before purchasing.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I live probably 20 miles from the Ezgo and Club Car plants so know quite a few of those folks over there. One of the forum sponsors here, David at revolution, knows Club Car upside down and backwards. He could possibly help you out with a Precedent built exactly like you want.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
Billycro214
Not Yet Wild

Cool-how would I get in touch with him? Do you know their website?
Old 05-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #9
Billycro214
Not Yet Wild

Do you know anyone for the ezgo stuff too?
Old 05-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

David at https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ 706-431-3917

As for Ezgo parts David can help you with that but can’t speak for him on getting you an RXV. As for other dealers over there I am not going to post links here to those who are not sponsors.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO