lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2022, 05:28 PM   #1
Jmech
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 TXT PDS no power from yellow/white wire out of controller

Hello and thank you in advance for your time and knowledge. Working on a 2007 TXT PDS. From looking through other posts and the wiring diagrams I have tried troubleshooting the issue. I’m getting no movement at all when pedal depressed or any sound from the reverse buzzer while in reverse. That’s led me to probe around for power. This unit has 8 - 6v batteries, fully charged. I’m getting pack voltage at the reed switch at the J1 connector, I am not getting pack voltage from any of the rest of the wires coming from J1 connector, such as pins 1,3,5,6,8, or 9. Nor am I getting pack voltage at the pins in connectors J3 and J4.
Thus I have jumpered a wire to the terminal across from the yellow B+ on the solenoid and get power and everything works as it should. I removed that and then jumpered to the YELLOW/white wire, pin 8 in connector J1, everything powers up and have voltage at all the proper pins in each connector. My question is, (and I know this is a dumb one) is the controller bad? My friend tells me it was just replaced not long ago, along with the fed/reverse switch. I was thinking key switch but I see the lights come on and the fact that power is in through the reed switch circuit but none out through the J1 connector heading to the key switch. Any thoughts and replies would be greatly appreciated. Just want some confirmation that it is the controller, if so. Thanks
Jmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2022, 06:26 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 TXT PDS no power from yellow/white wire out of controller

B+ to the solenoid's yellow wire starts at the reed switch and enters the controller via J1 Pin-4 then to the Run/Tow switch, back through the controller to the F/R switch and back through the controller to the keyswitch and finally through the controller to the solenoid.

Here's a drawing showing the multiple in's and out's the solenoid B+ travels to get there, as well as a picture with Pin-1 highlighted on all five jacks.

There are a lot of places for the B+ to get lost. Might be a dirty contact on one of the plug/jack interfaces or could be a bad PCB run inside the controller, or a bad switch someplace.

You didn't mention J1 Pin-4 on your list of when you found B+, so that is where I'd start looking. If it hasn't been already, bypass the reed switch. (Attach-3)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths to solenpoid highlighted.jpg (143.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Jacks Pin-1 in red.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:26 PM   #3
Jmech
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. You were the guy I was hoping to hear from after looking through other threads. I do have pack voltage at the J1 #4 pin, which is the reed switch into the controller. As is without jumping anything the J1 #4 and I believe the #5 pin show pack voltage. No others show pack voltage. I attached a picture of the controller setup on this cart. I’m not near it at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3810E9FC-AD4A-403B-9F3E-A2FFD4BE5ECD.jpg (10.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-27-2022, 12:16 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Use Attachment-1 on my preceding post to trace the pack voltage from reed switch to solenoid coil. The next checkpoint after J1 Pin-4 is J3 Pin-3, then the run/tow switch...
Old 02-01-2022, 10:16 AM   #5
Jmech
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB thanks for the diagrams and the responses. I’m only getting pack voltage at J1 pins #4 & #5. I’ve checked all other pins on the controller and none have pack voltage, that being the J3 pin #3 next, no voltage. That would point to a faulty controller, correct?
Old 02-01-2022, 12:24 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmech View Post
JohnnieB thanks for the diagrams and the responses. I’m only getting pack voltage at J1 pins #4 & #5. I’ve checked all other pins on the controller and none have pack voltage, that being the J3 pin #3 next, no voltage. That would point to a faulty controller, correct?
Yes

Replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS user programmable aftermarket controller.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #7
tlr6334
Gone Wild
Club Car

Is this a 48 volt cart? 8 6 volt batteries?
tlr6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO