lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2022, 09:11 PM   #11
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another battery/charger question

if unsure of charger automatically charging batteries. Monitor them and re charge as needed.
That’s what I do. Of course type of charger plays into this but I still do weekly voltage checks and initiate charge as needed.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2022, 09:26 AM   #12
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Right now they're currently reading 50.2v for the pack. I'm thinking I'll wait until they drop to 49.5v (70%) and if the charger doesn't kick back on and recharge, then I'll just force it to. Looks like Trojan recommends giving a boost charge at 70% or less when in storage. I think it will automatically recharge after 30 days but don't think I want them to drop that low. It's been a week since the last full charge completed.
VEXING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:11 PM   #13
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

50.2 is not abnormal for cooler temps. What I get after full charge in 50*- 60* temps. Summer temps would be 50.9 51.0 after full charge on rest.
I charge mine in cooler temps sitting in my garage or every 2 weeks during off season when not camping and cart sits. FWIW😊
Old 01-26-2022, 11:06 AM   #14
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I think that's what I'll plan to do and just "force" a recharge every two weeks. I'm not going to trust the charger to automatically recharge.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:34 PM   #15
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Good practice.
I do not wait for charger to initiate charge, but rather base charge on batteries voltage.
Every 2 weeks works for me but that is with cart in warm, 60*garage.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:00 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEXING View Post
Thanks. I think that's what I'll plan to do and just "force" a recharge every two weeks. I'm not going to trust the charger to automatically recharge.
Some chargers have to be unplugged from the cart to initiate a new charge cycle, while other chargers will if it is unplugged from the AC outlet and then plugged back in.

Next time you "Force" a recharge, try just unplugging and reconnecting the AC power to the charger.

If it starts a new charge cycle, you can use a programmable AC outlet timer to start a new charge every two week (or longer).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:40 AM   #17
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. Excellent idea on the programmable outlet timer. Appreciate all the feedback.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO