lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 par car intermittent VIBRATION

Hello! Bought a nonrunning 95 par car and got it going. First time in the course, I found that it had a pretty harsh vibration at certain speeds/rpm’s and close to a stop while decelerating. New belts didn’t help (might have made it worse), so I began to look more closely.
With rear body raised, while riding around the yard, I could see side to side movement in the driven clutch cover. I think that I can feel a bit of play in the clutch/crank shaft. A buddy wasn’t so sure, and thought it wouldn’t be enough for the big vibration. I on the other hand don’t think it would take much play to show up pretty big.
I have new bearings for it and got the motor out. I found that my motor mounts are not in perfect condition and am leaving a picture of the worst of the three. My question is…do you guys think the mounts are the problem? Should I change mounts and reinstall engine, or go ahead and replace bearings and mounts?
Question #2….I will also try to post a video of me feeling what I think is the play in the shaft (not sure how well it will translate to video). Dou you guys think there is excessive play?? Enough to cause the big vibration???
One more thing; the vibration seems to always be worse in forward than reverse. Thank you for any input.

Couldn’t get video to load. Will work on that. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 89CB6C69-D6F1-4C63-B083-E2573F81913F.jpeg (109.6 KB, 0 views)
Dw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #2
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 par car intermittent VIBRATION

With engine off, I’m more sure than ever it is a crankshaft bearing problem. Now I just have to get the back clutch pulley off…
Old 10-10-2021, 02:29 PM   #3
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

See my post right below this one. On a 95 you have to make a tool. I bet your crank bearings is out. Just as well tear it down and do a refresh. Mine runs great now.
tcanthonyii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:19 PM   #4
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcanthonyii View Post
See my post right below this one. On a 95 you have to make a tool. I bet your crank bearings is out. Just as well tear it down and do a refresh. Mine runs great now.
I be got motor off and clutch off of shaft thanks to your tool instructions. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2021, 01:25 PM   #5
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Everything back together and vibration is a lot better but not gone. 👎
I don’t get it. New mounts, new bearings…unless something is going on in the primary clutch itself, I’m lost. Clutch looked good, though. Could a chewed up secondary clutch cause vibration upon initial acceleration? I wouldn’t think so.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:16 PM   #6
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

Replace your belt?
tcanthonyii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

You may want to try removing the mounts entirely on the driver's side of the cart and bolt the motor directly to the frame. It's fine to do so.

Also, run the cart with belt off and see what happens at the rpms that are close to where your trouble is. If there is no vibration then it's possible that your issues are from transaxle or wheel bearings.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:52 PM   #8
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
You may want to try removing the mounts entirely on the driver's side of the cart and bolt the motor directly to the frame. It's fine to do so.

Also, run the cart with belt off and see what happens at the rpms that are close to where your trouble is. If there is no vibration then it's possible that your issues are from transaxle or wheel bearings.
Thank you guys for the response. I replaced the belts same time as bearings. I just jacked up cart and vibration is there off of the ground and with drive belt off. 🤷*♂️
I ran it with dust cover off of primary clutch and weights appear to be functioning properly.

There is only one mount on drivers side (3 total), and I can see what I would call excessive movement from that area. All new mounts mind you…
Thanks again, Darrell.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I questioned the "only one drivers side mount" and just checked the parts manual. Sure enough, there are two on the passenger side and one on driver's side as noted on page 8:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colu...48-95_GSEL.pdf

I strongly suspect that your issue is with this area as, for whatever reason, Columbia thought it was smart to go from two mounts down to one. Your vibration is probably coming from that mount arm, connectors, wherever. I would add some washers to all of the mount locations to try to tighten things up.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 04:38 PM   #10
Dw21
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I questioned the "only one drivers side mount" and just checked the parts manual. Sure enough, there are two on the passenger side and one on driver's side as noted on page 8:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colu...48-95_GSEL.pdf

I strongly suspect that your issue is with this area as, for whatever reason, Columbia thought it was smart to go from two mounts down to one. Your vibration is probably coming from that mount arm, connectors, wherever. I would add some washers to all of the mount locations to try to tighten things up.
Thanks, and your logic is solid! When taking engine out, I spent some time looking for the fourth mount that wasn’t there. lol. Thanks

Tags
columbia
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar