lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Beast48
Not Yet Wild

Default Best drop in lithium for high amp draw?

I've done a fair bit of reading, but haven't really found a consistent answer to: What is the best off the shelf lithium battery or batteries for high power carts?

I have a 48v cart, running a 36v AMD motor rated at 12hp on 36 volts, with a 500 Alltrax controller and 25" tires, and I drive it hard frequently with 4 people. Roypow P batteries seem good, but I can't seem to find one. Any thoughts on those or another recommendation? Max short term current draw is my biggest concern. I would like to order something in the next few weeks.
Thanks
Beast48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Re: Best drop in lithium for high amp draw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast48 View Post
I've done a fair bit of reading, but haven't really found a consistent answer to: What is the best off the shelf lithium battery or batteries for high power carts?

I have a 48v cart, running a 36v AMD motor rated at 12hp on 36 volts, with a 500 Alltrax controller and 25" tires, and I drive it hard frequently with 4 people. Roypow P batteries seem good, but I can't seem to find one. Any thoughts on those or another recommendation? Max short term current draw is my biggest concern. I would like to order something in the next few weeks.
Thanks
I have been researching this for a long time. I finally settled on a pack from extreme team carts. Waiting on delivery. Next best would be the P version from Roypow. All others that I have seen have significant problems. Just my opinion from what I have read from others with packs.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #3
Beast48
Not Yet Wild

I'm very interested in hearing your feedback on Extreme. Are you also high amp draw? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what system did you get and how much? I can't seem to find anyone with Roypow P version.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the RoyPow "P" stands for pipe dream.
The local dealer told me 3 days ago July. I've been wanting one since February. I haven't seen any threads of folks who actually have a P but may have missed it.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #5
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast48 View Post
I'm very interested in hearing your feedback on Extreme. Are you also high amp draw? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what system did you get and how much? I can't seem to find anyone with Roypow P version.
I purchased the 48v 150ah. Stock controller tuned up. 20" wheels 34mph. They do ask when ordering which controller and motor you have. I assume they can set the BMS based on your specs but that could just be for information purposes. The "P" is supposed to be for higher power carts. Several have them but they are hard to come by and I didn't want to wait.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:55 AM   #6
AussieInSeattle
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBIRD! View Post
I think the RoyPow "P" stands for pipe dream.
The local dealer told me 3 days ago July. I've been wanting one since February. I haven't seen any threads of folks who actually have a P but may have missed it.
They're in stock now I believe - I ordered one (S51105P) on May 10th - arrived yesterday. Took RoyPow over a week to ship it (they blamed shipper) from order date by my dealer and then 8 days in transit from LA to Seattle. Arrived without ClubCar mounting hardware, but unsure whose fault that was :-)
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:47 AM   #7
Ezgomaui
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Where did you buy your roypow S51105P battery?
Ezgomaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #8
Beast48
Not Yet Wild

I am definitely interested to hear how it performs. Also, how much are they going for?
Old 06-12-2021, 01:16 PM   #9
AJ-MJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Having a local dealer would be preferable. I could not find a local dealership with RoyPow batteries. The closest dealer was over a hundred miles away and they were out of stock. Therefore, I went with The Extreme Team battery because it has a higher max discharge current and continuous operating current. Additionally, it was priced a little better than other battery packs. The other issue you have to deal with is availability. Good luck. Extreme team just received a shipment that will take care of most of their prior orders and it is my understanding they are expecting a couple more shipments soon. There are a couple comparison chart available if you search the site that are helpful as well.
AJ-MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:22 PM   #10
Beast48
Not Yet Wild

AussieInSeattle have you installed it yet?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO