lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2018, 05:05 AM   #1
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 3D printer thread

Hello and welcome to the 3D print thread. I have recently started printing and creating objects for golf car/t applications. It got me thinking it would be nice to have a thread to share parts and ideas with others. This threads purpose is to bring the creators and work that they want to share together.

I have discovered a very easy way to create almost anything related to hardware and mounting. To do this use a site such as mcmaster carr. I am familiar with this site because of work. Most parts on the site have a 3d image file used for modeling. You can down load this file in many different file types. Using a program called freecad you can import any mcmaster carr part with a 3d drawing. You then export the file as an stl. At this point the file is ready to print. It literally takes seconds!

I will be adding to this thread over the next few days with my recent parts and then continuing to upload future work.

Those of you with out a printer but are in need of a custom part feel free to ask. Pricing is based on material and shipping costs my time is free for BGW. Using a program called tinkercad you can easily draw up a part that's ready to print.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 3D printer thread

I have an older AiO printer. I use solidworks design software. One feature I really like is the radius tool for any edge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Tried the acetone trick for smoothing the surfaces? (I haven't yet, my printer not running).

https://www.instructables.com/id/Smo...-With-Acetone/
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:28 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Tried the acetone trick for smoothing the surfaces? (I haven't yet, my printer not running).

https://www.instructables.com/id/Smo...-With-Acetone/
That looks great, rough surface is my main complaint even on the highest density setting. But I'm not sure what I was looking at there. Where was the acetone?
Old 11-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have yet to try printing with abs. The acetone will not work on PLA. I'm not sure my current printer will even run it. I'll have to look into it more. It would be nice to get a smooth finish tho!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

My printer isn't running yet, but some looked like it just had to be in a container with it for a while. I haven't tried it, nor do I know which materials it works best with. I just thought I would throw it out there for those who are farther along than I am in 3d printing. It might not be compatible with your material, just an idea. My printer moves (not always how I expect it to, it's home-made), but hasn't yet layed down a bit of plastic in a controlled fashion. The hot end was leaking horribly, and I'm like a unorganized bee, jumping from one project to the next. I am pretty happy to see a thread on this topic on here, maybe it's the "kick in the butt" I need! Maybe we need a Tesla coil thread too.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I was gun-ho with mine when I first got it. But now it's been unplugged for a year... I was a bit disappointed. My expectations were too high? Here's a sample of what I did. My unit was supposed to scan and reproduce but it fell short on that claim.
This is an organizer for my model plane epoxy. Designed in solidworks.
I did make new knobs for the old forklift controls. I think they came out pretty cool with the L and T carved in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4abb45b4-96a7-450c-bb40-2d3a4ed62fea.jpg (35.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ce13e1e8-94a6-4b58-b66b-59f518501459.jpg (31.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

If it's just the funny finish that's bugging you, there are also different settings and materials that work smoother. But that looks pretty nice (and typical) to me.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's the finish
Old 11-21-2018, 06:15 AM   #10
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can you share the stl for that mirror mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center