lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Buddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question Adhesion promoter

I have a question about the adhesion promoter. How much do I get? It comes in a spray can or a Qt to spray by a gun. Is the spray can fine to use and how many cans do I buy? I have tried to find this out on the internet with no luck. You all know when you order it on line, you want to get it right the first time do to shipping costs...wouldnt want to have to order twice for not getting enough and right kind. Bulldog comes in a black adhesion also? Whats the deference....
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Adhesion promoter

You should be able to get it from a local auto body supply company instead of ordering online. They can tell you how much you need. Oreilly's part store and Napa part stores carrys auto paint and supplies. Check with them also. I body shop might sell you some also if no local auto paint stores.

Craig
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

goes a long way... 1-2 spray cans will be fine. unless you just want to use a gravity gun. do two light coats at 3-5 mins between each coat. then a medium wet 3rd layer and let it sit at least 15 mins before you shoot your primer or basecoat
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Buddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys for taking time out to help, your help is greatly appreciated, your true Americans. this will be my first paint job on plastic. Did alittle painting in the AirForce on C-130 aircrafts, but a monkey could paint with no shine paint. Question do you really need primer after Adhesion promoter on plastic??
Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

you dont have to have primer but most the stuff we get is scratched up so the black cats help fills up to 180 grit marks. the flexible primer helps some too with the top coat not cracking as well
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
Buddy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK time to jump in....thanks Ill take pictures even if it turns out bad. I dont have flex primer, just lacquer primer and aic K1/K2 series acrylic enamel. Do have Bulldog now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint