lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2022, 11:52 AM   #11
pjr202
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What should I expect to pay for a stock used cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Ok. I guess that could be a very valuable cart in certain circles. What I mean is most people would rather drive a new cart capable of 25 mph for 25 miles vs well, whatever that is.
If you are in sales you have to know your market. I was just sharing what I learned so the OP didn't end up with a barn full of cheap odd balls because that is not what he is seeing sell out there for 4-6k every day all day
I appreciated that point. And for the record, I've learned dumb lessons like that in the past for various things. I try now to stick with what's safe and with what I can handle. It's why I'm not looking for anything too old requiring a lot of work, etc. A late model RXV or TXT is the primary goal. The only goal, really. There's a lot of info and support out there and that's what makes them appealing.

What's funny though, is you were talking about getting what my neighbor has. There are 4 or 5 carts in this neighborhood besides mine, and they're all different. One guy has the old school type with no top. Another person has a maybe late 90's club car gas. Another has one kinda customized and I don't recognize the brand. It's an ecclectic mix around here.
pjr202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2022, 07:44 PM   #12
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Around here most want golf carts for campground use.more as a mode of easy transportation. Campground usually have speed limit of 5-10 miles an hour.
Working lights,horn and maybe nice wheels and new batteries on a otherwise stock cart will net profit for those not living in cart community but want to use cart occasionally.
A used stock golf course cart where you install new batteries can yield 1,500.00 profit.
Camp ground Market I would target if flipping carts. They want reliable, not bling for first cart.
Down south and mid west or anywhere around golf communities , market differs.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:32 PM   #13
pjr202
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Around here most want golf carts for campground use.more as a mode of easy transportation. Campground usually have speed limit of 5-10 miles an hour.
Working lights,horn and maybe nice wheels and new batteries on a otherwise stock cart will net profit for those not living in cart community but want to use cart occasionally.
A used stock golf course cart where you install new batteries can yield 1,500.00 profit.
Camp ground Market I would target if flipping carts. They want reliable, not bling for first cart.
Down south and mid west or anywhere around golf communities , market differs.
Thanks for the reply. That was the type of cart, level of work, and type of profit I was hoping to be near. And, it's the type of customer I want. I live within 20 minutes of three campgrounds, one of which is pretty big. There's another one that's also very big that's about 45 minutes from here.

Campground people love their toys...lol The plan is to advertise, and take it up to the campsite with signage and the occasional cruise.
pjr202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO