lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2022, 10:29 PM   #11
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Weird steps to no go

I may have misunderstood do the controller test first instead of the solenoid test first.
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2022, 08:33 AM   #12
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tested the solenoid first by making sure all connections were tight. I then tested continuity across the two large terminals before the key was turned on - infinite resistance - turned key on - infinite resistance - with key on pushed go pedal - no click and infinite resistance. This was not the problem in the beginning of my problems. The solenoid was loud click when I turned on the key and tested no resistance before the go pedal was pushed and after it was pushed. Also, before the motor was getting full 53.25V. Now it test for 0.2V.

I also tested the #6 and #10 pins before and after turning on the key - I removed the customer connectors plug from the controller - I place the common probe on the Roypow negative terminal and the positive probe on pin #6 then #10 - no voltage. I appreciate your patience with me.

I will be working the PGA Champion Tournament in Tulsa, OK this afternoon - so I will be in and out. Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:53 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You need solenoid activation in order to get power to the motor terminals. That's normal.
We know the solenoid isn't activating, so need to figure out what's missing.
Either it's not getting pack voltage to the coil, or the controller is not providing the ground for the coil to engage the solenoid.
Light blue wire on one side small terminal is 48V supply to the coil.
Blue/white stripe on the other side is negative, this is to the controller so the controller can command the solenoid on or off.
Rear wheels off the ground, Key On, select F or R, Check for 48v on the Blue/white stripe wire. If no, check for 48v on the Light Blue. If you have 48v on light blue, but not on the Blue/wht, the solenoid coil may be bad.

If you have 48v on Blue/wht wire, press the throttle down and see if the voltage drops to 0v. If yes, the controller is giving command for the solenoid to engage. If the solenoid does not engage the solenoid is bad.

If Blue/wht does not drop to 0v, then the controller is not getting correct inputs, and further testing will be needed for that.

Edited for wrong wire color
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #14
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the test procedure. Key on, forward position, heard loud click from solenoid, tested blue/white wire with zero volts. Tested light blue wire with 53.2 volts.

I misrepresented not hearing the solenoid in previous post because I accidently bumped the selector switch to the neutral position. Now it is loud when I turn on the key again.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:15 AM   #15
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Again, I was in a hurry and tested the blue/white for a positive connect just like the light blue. That is why the blue/white had zero volts. When back and tested for negative on the blue/white and came up with 53 volts.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #16
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tested the blue/white wire with key on, forward, 53 volts, pressed the go pedal, no change in voltage.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:24 AM   #17
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Same for the light blue wire - no change in voltage once the go pedal is pushed.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:03 AM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Since blue/wht is on the negative side it should be dropping to 0v when you press the pedal.
If it’s not dropping then some input to the controller is missing. Since you said the Toolkit software shows KSI input and F/R inputs, you’ll want to check the throttle switch input to the controller. Make sure it’s getting 48+v when you press the pedal down.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:18 AM   #19
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Could you provide a little more info on where in the toolkit and how. Thanks.

Headed to the PGA for afternoon shift. Back later tonight.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:33 PM   #20
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the advice - will be replacing the MCOR 4 tomorrow - once removing the original (China) and when shacked, there was something loose inside. The accelerator tab was also difficult to turn. Hoping for a successful ending. Is there any way to test while removed?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car