lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2022, 11:42 AM   #21
Alyle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 30 psi compression on hot pink G1

Put the order in to Plowman's. Excited to get the parts and hopefully get this pink beauty running. 🤣
Alyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2022, 04:13 PM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Here’s a tip I’ve learned to unpink it.

Go to Walmart, they’re the cheapest I’ve found. Most Walmarts have it. Get 2-3 cans of AEROSOL “klean strip” furniture stripper. DONT get the citrus crap or any of that other garbage. Get the Klean strip. Blue or brown can either is fine. I don’t know what the difference is between them but they both seem to work the same. The aerosol makes it soooooo much easier to apply than trying to use a brush and a can to paint the stuff on.

Take off the seat cushions, trim, anything else that’s bolted on to the pink.

Spray a nice healthy coat of the stripper on the cart. Best to do it in the shade. It should pretty much instantly start doing the ride crispies snap crackle pop thing and get all wrinkly.

Let it do it’s thing for 15 minutes or so. Then blast everything with a pressure washer. I use a 25 degree nozzle but whatever works. You’re really not trying to make the pressure washer “work” so much as you’re just “rinsing” the furniture stripper “aggressively”

Works like a charm. Usually doesn’t take more than a half hour to strip an entire golf cart down. Then whatever little spotty patches are left you can either hit a round 2 (if necessary” or it will usually come up when you sand it getting ready to prep it for the new color. Hopefully not pink after all this work to remove the pink
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:28 AM   #23
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Call me nuts but I am actually digging that pink.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:36 AM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Call me nuts but I am actually digging that pink.
Only if you added a tail and 2 foot unicorn spike. Both with sparkles and confetti sprinkles
Old 05-18-2022, 11:42 AM   #25
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Pretty in Pink ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:03 PM   #26
Alyle
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Here’s a tip I’ve learned to unpink it.

Go to Walmart, they’re the cheapest I’ve found. Most Walmarts have it. Get 2-3 cans of AEROSOL “klean strip” furniture stripper. DONT get the citrus crap or any of that other garbage. Get the Klean strip. Blue or brown can either is fine. I don’t know what the difference is between them but they both seem to work the same. The aerosol makes it soooooo much easier to apply than trying to use a brush and a can to paint the stuff on.

Take off the seat cushions, trim, anything else that’s bolted on to the pink.

Spray a nice healthy coat of the stripper on the cart. Best to do it in the shade. It should pretty much instantly start doing the ride crispies snap crackle pop thing and get all wrinkly.

Let it do it’s thing for 15 minutes or so. Then blast everything with a pressure washer. I use a 25 degree nozzle but whatever works. You’re really not trying to make the pressure washer “work” so much as you’re just “rinsing” the furniture stripper “aggressively”

Works like a charm. Usually doesn’t take more than a half hour to strip an entire golf cart down. Then whatever little spotty patches are left you can either hit a round 2 (if necessary” or it will usually come up when you sand it getting ready to prep it for the new color. Hopefully not pink after all this work to remove the pink
I was thinking of going with a salmon color. You know keep it within the pink family 😉. The paint job is actually done really well. Hopefully I can reproduce the good quality paint job.

Gotta get it running first. Parts should be here today from Plowman's. Any suggestions for removing carbon from the head? I tried engine cleaner and carb cleaner but it didn't even touch it.
Old 05-18-2022, 04:54 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’d just wire wheel it, use a 3” wheel in a drill or die grinder and light pressure. It won’t take much.

Brass wheel is better if you got it but as long as you don’t dig into it a steel wire wheel will work fine.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:05 PM   #28
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

James Condon on Youtube used a Nyalox brush unit along with some WD40 and gets remarkable results. He redoes all sorts of generators many of which use different single cylinder engines in need of repair. You can see it in "Seized Lifan Generator part 2 " at around the 9 minute mark. I see on amazon Nyalox has a whole line of abrasive impregnated nylon bristle brushes. P.S. Just ordered a 3 pack of those from E Bay for $15 delivered.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:33 PM   #29
Alyle
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
James Condon on Youtube used a Nyalox brush unit along with some WD40 and gets remarkable results. He redoes all sorts of generators many of which use different single cylinder engines in need of repair. You can see it in "Seized Lifan Generator part 2 " at around the 9 minute mark. I see on amazon Nyalox has a whole line of abrasive impregnated nylon bristle brushes. P.S. Just ordered a 3 pack of those from E Bay for $15 delivered.
Great video! Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-18-2022, 08:34 PM   #30
Alyle
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’d just wire wheel it, use a 3” wheel in a drill or die grinder and light pressure. It won’t take much.

Brass wheel is better if you got it but as long as you don’t dig into it a steel wire wheel will work fine.
Thanks! Looked at home Depot and couldn't find any brass brushes. Will go to a few places tomorrow and hopefully find one and if not maybe look for the abrasive impregnated nylon brush as mentioned above.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha