lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2022, 12:37 AM   #1
Jhoran1124
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax axe 4465 help wiring not getting power

Hey guys trying to figure out the conversation from 36 to 48 on a txt I picked up that came with and alltrax axe 4465. So following the wiring diagram off alltrax I’m getting a bit lost on a few of the wires . On the diagram pin 1 goes to the small post of the solenoid and the foot switch although digging on here a few others have said it goes to the key switch. I have tried both without any luck getting power to the controller. I’m getting between 49-51v at both large terminals of the solenoid but nothing from the small terminal when I press the pedal. Something isn’t right and I am at a loss no solenoid click or anything if forward and reverse . I’m also getting voltage to f/r switch and to b+ and m on the controller
Jhoran1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2022, 05:45 AM   #2
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax axe 4465 help wiring not getting power

It is difficult for me to tell where every wire is going based on a picture, but the first thing that I see is that there is no 48 volt positive connection to the forward/reverse micro switch.
In picture #3, Left microswitch, Right spade terminal. The one with the red jumper that goes over to the reverse beeper or 1/2 speed microswitch on the right.

Be sure to make a fused connection in case you have a short. fuses are cheap if it is connected wrong or shorted. It probably goes without saying, but there is a lot of energy stored in those batteries. Pain, smoke, and fire can be created in a flash. Be careful....
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:01 AM   #3
Jhoran1124
Not Yet Wild

So the reason I didn’t put one onto that micro switch was in the wiring diagram it goes to the charger interlock but I don’t have one on the cart can I just run one from the battery to that microswitch?
Old 05-15-2022, 06:15 AM   #4
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

36 volt positive to that male spade terminal is correct, but once again, use a fused jumper if you do that. Sorry, but I see red flags all over that wiring job. Follow the diagram wire by wire, and be careful..
Old 05-16-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
Jhoran1124
Not Yet Wild

Just a quick test run on the wires before I ran all new wires and cleaned them all up . So with all new wires she is up and running but not running super great. At WOT it runs good at least so far. But here is the issue now when I try to slow start in forward or reverse its super jumpy and bucking (worse in forward) it does have a new ITS that I bought installed. Maybe ITS needs adjustment?
Old 05-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #6
Jhoran1124
Not Yet Wild

Oh one more thing it did was after driving and coming to a stop the pressing the pedal I could hear the switch and solenoid but it wouldn’t move . I would have to **** it from forward to reverse then back to forward and then it would go again
Old 05-19-2022, 06:56 AM   #7
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have an old laptop that still has a native serial port, or have a usb to serial converter, you can connect to that AXE using the older Controller Pro Alltrax software.

It is likely that your ITS core is too far into the ITS when it makes the micro switch. This would mean that the throttle is already slightly applied when the controller powers up, causing it to lurch forward. So, yes, you will most likely need to adjust it.

The reason I mention the software, is that you can monitor the throttle to see if it is applying some percentage of input when the solenoid is applied and controller is powered up. In order to see this in real time, you would need to install a jumper from pack + to pin 1, in order to keep the controller on during testing.

As far as the forward/reverse selector needing to be moved, I would make sure the contacts are not getting hot. It is very common for them to melt, especially after a larger than stock controller is installed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO