lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2022, 09:57 PM   #1
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Unhappy IQ conversion done (maybe)

Got the IQ conversion with 10 HP motor an FN2 from Carts Unlimited for my 1995 Club Car DS installed.
Took it out this morning for it's first run. Spent about 10 minutes running it all went well.I do have to adjust the parking brake. Stopped turned key off put F/R rocker in neutral checked motor temp it was in the 80's outside temp was 76. Turned key on pushed the F/R to forward stepped on the pedal and it started bucking going nowhere. Had to push it home with help from a neighbor.

Before it stopped working I was thrilled. Smooth pedal response love being able to select the speed and Regen did a great job slowing the cart down when I went downhill.
Contacted ScottyB he sent me a list of tests to do to see what needs to be done.

Doesn't look like I'll be ale to get to the testing until late tomorrow.
Ger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2022, 09:30 AM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: IQ conversion done (maybe)

Check battery voltage, as I am sure Scotty recommended. Batteries are the primary cause of what you are experiencing.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:52 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes battery voltage is important especially under load. We are communicating by email. I sent a series of tests for him to perform and he replied that he could get to these tests tomorrow. I waiting for his reply and I'm sure he will update the thread once we find what the problem is.

Remember if your cart has a run /tow switch that switch MUST be in the tow (or off) position before the cart is towed or pushed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #4
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes battery voltage is important especially under load. We are communicating by email. I sent a series of tests for him to perform and he replied that he could get to these tests tomorrow. I waiting for his reply and I'm sure he will update the thread once we find what the problem is.

Remember if your cart has a run /tow switch that switch MUST be in the tow (or off) position before the cart is towed or pushed.
Just got in from a meeting headed back out in a few minutes.

Yesterday afternoon I put the cart up on jack stands and realized my old body ain't going to be able to crawl under or reach over the body to test anything so the body is coming off.

I don't have alligator clamps for my meter ordered a set from Amazon they will be here tomorrow.

Sunday is our 46th wedding anniversary so working on the cart is out. Last year for our 45th we had takeout from In N Out Burger and a glass of champagne. We just moved to CA sleeping on an air mattress, furniture got here on the 20th.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:02 PM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wait a minute-somebody moved TO California??!!!

Congrats on 46 years!!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:31 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post

!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:26 PM   #7
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post

Congrats on 46 years!!!
I wake up every morning wondering what the F$$K am I doing here.

Our son (only living child) has an apt in LA and a house in Landers,Ca 1 hr North of us. My wife has no relatives and I have 1 brother.

I love to target shoot before we left Florida I had to sell off a bunch of rifles that were not welcomed here in CA. Haven't been shooting since I got here.
Reloaded a bunch of rounds before I left FL haven'e shot any of them.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:32 AM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I left almost a year ago to the day after living there for nearly 62 years. I also only have one son and he stayed there; his wife has a lot of family nearby so I do not think they will leave anytime soon (if ever). It was a great state to grow up in but it was not the place for me to stay; I have lots of great memories but am happy to be out.

As for guns, I went into the local Ace Hardware store the other day and grabbed a Sig SAS P365 and some ammo; in and out in under 30 minutes-'Merica!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:31 AM   #9
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Still trying to figure out what's going on. ScottyB has been GREAT. I am a novice when it comes to understanding all the components of this setup and how they work together.
He sent me an email this morning his last line was:"Thank you for your patience".

He's the one to be thanked for helping this confused old man.

I sent him 2 videos of what's happening waiting to hear back. No rush I have no where to go and I do have to adjust the brakes so I have a parking brake.

Where we stand battery voltage 51.0 press pedal drops to 50.7 let off pedal it goes back to 51. Held my hand on the solenoid felt nothing, I have bad hearing so wouldn't hear it if is was clicking. Motor was making loud clunking sounds.

Still smiling remembering the ride I got out of it before it stopped.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:24 PM   #10
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

ScottyB thinks we have found the problem. Bad solenoid he's sending me a new one. I am almost happy I had this trouble , I doubt ScottyB would agree, I learned more about the electronic workings of my cart then I would if all went well.

I can't say it enough the man is fantastic.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car