lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2020, 06:07 AM   #1
1ton
Not Yet Wild

Default Which Lift Kit for EZGO RXV 2016

Hi, i just picked up a 2016 EZGO rxv and wanting to do a 6” lift. There’s so many options out there from a-arm, spindle, drop...
Hoping someone can help choosing.
This would be for driving around my neighborhood. Would like to try to install myself if not too difficult.
Does brand matter?
Looks like they run around $300.
Any help or tips are appreciated.
1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2020, 08:17 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Which Lift Kit for EZGO RXV 2016

If it will be solely used for "on road" or "backyard" use, the spindle lift would be fine. They are the simplest to install. All Sports, Jakes, Madjax all good brands. A arm lifts are probably more heavy duty and would stand up to more abuse off road. Long travel kits are the Cadillac and offer the best handling and ride.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #3
1ton
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
If it will be solely used for "on road" or "backyard" use, the spindle lift would be fine. They are the simplest to install. All Sports, Jakes, Madjax all good brands. A arm lifts are probably more heavy duty and would stand up to more abuse off road. Long travel kits are the Cadillac and offer the best handling and ride.
Thanks for the information. Do you know a good place to purchase from? Or should I just google and buy online?
1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ton View Post
Thanks for the information. Do you know a good place to purchase from? Or should I just google and buy online?
Try one of our sponsors.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
Old 10-12-2020, 11:01 PM   #5
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Rhox makes a few options for you. Check em out on redhawk then hit up David Hicks @ revolution golf cars an he can hook you up. Not only that but his customer service is outstanding, and he's just generally a nice guy!
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
Chartrunner
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ton View Post
Hi, i just picked up a 2016 EZGO rxv and wanting to do a 6” lift. There’s so many options out there from a-arm, spindle, drop...
Hoping someone can help choosing.
This would be for driving around my neighborhood. Would like to try to install myself if not too difficult.
Does brand matter?
Looks like they run around $300.
Any help or tips are appreciated.
What did you end up going with? I have not seen many options beyond 2013 years when doing some research. Must have been a change in parts.
Chartrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:08 AM   #7
Finnster
Not Yet Wild

I just did a 6” Rhox A-arm kit on my 2011 RXV. Wasn’t the easiest install but seems to be designed well. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just done a spindle kit. I baby my carts...so spindles would have been fine....and the A-arm kit took probably 4 times longer to install than a spindle kit would have.
Finnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:00 PM   #8
Silveradoexpress
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bumping this thread from the dead. Looking for options on my 2013 RXV. currently has a spindle lift (measures 4.5in from center of knuckle where it bolts in to center of spindle shaft) was on it when I got it so unknown rand or size. My problem is it makes it too wide to load in between the fender wells of my truck bed. Right now my track width is about 53in and I only have 51in in between the fender wells so I have to put transport tires on it to take it camping and swap tires when I get there. Kind of a PITA and if I could change lift styles I think it would be worth it. Tried looking on some of these vendors sites linked above but couldn't find any info on track width. Also would need something that comes with spindles as I do not have the stock ones. Any good info on this or recommendations?
Silveradoexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:04 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoexpress View Post
Bumping this thread from the dead. Looking for options on my 2013 RXV. currently has a spindle lift (measures 4.5in from center of knuckle where it bolts in to center of spindle shaft) was on it when I got it so unknown rand or size. My problem is it makes it too wide to load in between the fender wells of my truck bed. Right now my track width is about 53in and I only have 51in in between the fender wells so I have to put transport tires on it to take it camping and swap tires when I get there. Kind of a PITA and if I could change lift styles I think it would be worth it. Tried looking on some of these vendors sites linked above but couldn't find any info on track width. Also would need something that comes with spindles as I do not have the stock ones. Any good info on this or recommendations?
I've never seen any mfg's post overall width/track. Mainly due to the variance in tire and wheel combos that people use, no way to tell what will be put on there, and they are all different.

Most aftermarket big tire/wheel packages are using a 3+5 aka 3:5 offset. That means you have a tire that sticks out quite a bit farther than a stock wheel which is usually 4+4 aka 4:4 offset. Some lifts require that offset to clear the lift kit parts.

You might be able to get different wheels and make the current setup work. As long as you don't have any clearance issues with the lift. For example, if you back up to a 4+4 offset, that would essentially be 2" more narrow overall.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:17 PM   #10
Silveradoexpress
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree if I could get different offset wheels that would help. I honestly didn't think there would be options for different offsets on golf cart wheels other than stock vs aftermarket.

Generally, would you say that an A-arm drop, or frame drop or whatever they call it that lowers the lower control arms would be closer to factory width than a spindle style lift?
Silveradoexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts