lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium performance

IMO Regen is great! I too barely use the brake while driving. I forget what I set the Regen current to but it's effective down to around 5-10mph. We have a Tesla and you can drive that for days never touching the brake. It takes getting used to when you also drive gas cars though.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2022, 09:23 PM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
IMO Regen is great! I too barely use the brake while driving. I forget what I set the Regen current to but it's effective down to around 5-10mph. We have a Tesla and you can drive that for days never touching the brake. It takes getting used to when you also drive gas cars though.
Many people, myself included, let an automotive vehicle gently slow down before touching the brakes. Believe it or not, in over 57 years of car ownership, I have never replaced brake pads or shoes!

My regen from 25mph will put you forward in the seat quite a bit if you're not holding on.

Do all electric vehicles like your Tesla have regen braking? I've never driven one.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:50 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I think all fully electric cars have regen - even hybrids have it. It is one of the secrets to hybrid's great mileage in stop and go traffic. Regen puts most of the energy used to slow you down right back into the battery charge. The Tesla allows you to adjust the regen for one foot braking to a point where the car comes to a complete stop in normal stopping distance and it then holds it stopped with the mechanical brakes. Once you get used to it, you literally don't touch the brake pedal unless you have to stop more quickly than normal.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:53 PM   #14
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I think all fully electric cars have regen - even hybrids have it. It is one of the secrets to hybrid's great mileage in stop and go traffic. Regen puts most of the energy used to slow you down right back into the battery charge. The Tesla allows you to adjust the regen for one foot braking to a point where the car comes to a complete stop in normal stopping distance and it then holds it stopped with the mechanical brakes. Once you get used to it, you literally don't touch the brake pedal unless you have to stop more quickly than normal.
Thanks for the reply. Great feature there!
Old 05-14-2022, 03:22 PM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I forgot to mention - electric cars also put on the brake lights when you use regen to slow down. :-)
Old 05-14-2022, 04:42 PM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I forgot to mention - electric cars also put on the brake lights when you use regen to slow down. :-)
I guess that would be necessary, especially if the regen is adjustable and set high like I have mine on my cart.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:50 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I remember reading a news story a little while back about a girl that failed her driving test because she didn’t use the brake pedal. I think they got it overturned.

I know I work in the industry, and maybe that’s why lol. But all the autonomous driving just makes me uncomfortable… too much going on and too much to go wrong and people tend to trust those computers far too much for comfort in my opinion.

As for the regen, it’s just a personal preference for me. :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:02 PM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry about hijacking your thread regarding lithium battery performance. Maybe it would be a good idea to start one in the lithium section like you mentioned.

I'm sure a lot of lithium owners would like to put their data up for review. And I would like to see how others compare to mine. I'm sure that's what you originally had in mind.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:36 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Sorry about hijacking your thread regarding lithium battery performance. Maybe it would be a good idea to start one in the lithium section like you mentioned.

I'm sure a lot of lithium owners would like to put their data up for review. And I would like to see how others compare to mine. I'm sure that's what you originally had in mind.
just a general “backyard scientific” comparison. But too lazy to move it and start over maybe I’ll do some cut and paste and start over ha
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:06 PM   #20
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Unfortunately I have nothing to add here, that’s why I haven’t posted.

My cart is a totally stock 2013 Precedent with (originally) 198Ah Nissan Leaf pack that was degraded down to 120Ah at the time of the build. It’s still 120Ah now.

My cart can’t be used on the road here in Australia so the only use it sees is for maintenance duties around my 1.5 acre property. It also has a 48v to 230v inverter for power tool use.

So as you can see, my use is totally different to how you guys are using your carts.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car