lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2022, 07:14 AM   #1
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Has anyone used thebigbatterystore.com?

Has anyone done business with thebigbatterystore.com for lithium battery packs? Not to be confused with bigbattery.com. Any direction would be appreciated.

I have narrowed my search down to the roypow S50115P, bigbattery husky, and eco 105ah B Bundle. This will be for a 48v system on a 2009 stealth patriot 4x4 ( Which I believe is based on a EZgo Series??)

Any advice on any of these would be greatly appreciated.
deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2022, 07:28 AM   #2
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Has anyone used thebigbatterystore.com?

I just ordered a RoyPow 48v 105ah, I had them and the 18650batterystore in my sights, 18650 was like $20 bucks cheaper... woohoo, thats 1/8 tank of gas in my pickup... :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:37 AM   #3
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I just saw bluesgunners post. It sounds like he is happy with the roypow, I think bamabrad is pretty happy with the same battery. I was leaning more toward the "power" series from RP. However 18650battery has the non-p in stock and it doesn't sound like bluesgunner or bamabrad are not having any issues with torque on the hills or experiencing resets on the BMS.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:53 AM   #4
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

I could not find a P series in stock so went for the regular version as well... I had a conversation with Scottyb and Plumquick and decided the 105ah was good for my setup, that included an upgrade to a rattlesnake motor.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:01 AM   #5
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

mrmoto,
Are you pretty happy with the non-p? I may need to check the price diff again. My main use is short trips (less than 10mi), wooded and fairly hilly terrain in SE OK. Mostly slow speed. I was a little concern the crawling speed and hills, along with 23 mud tires may cause me issues.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:02 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I am very happy with my Roypow 105, however, if buying today, I would look at Ecobattery 105Amp, it comes with voltage reducer and there has been a lot of positive reviews. Although, would still have to have extra battery for Winch. When I bought my Roypow, there wasn't many choices like today.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #7
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks for chiming in bamabrad I know we have similar rigs. I’m still looking at the ego they have a pretty attractive bundle. I just have not seen a ton of posts about them but my searching skills are still not so great. If you speak to people at the battery company do you refer to your rig as an ezgo series? I am still a little confused on ID to the stealth 4x4
Old 05-10-2022, 08:19 AM   #8
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
mrmoto,
Are you pretty happy with the non-p? I may need to check the price diff again. My main use is short trips (less than 10mi), wooded and fairly hilly terrain in SE OK. Mostly slow speed. I was a little concern the crawling speed and hills, along with 23 mud tires may cause me issues.
Just ordered a few days ago, will report back when i get it installed :)
Old 05-10-2022, 09:56 AM   #9
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Thanks for chiming in bamabrad I know we have similar rigs. I’m still looking at the ego they have a pretty attractive bundle. I just have not seen a ton of posts about them but my searching skills are still not so great. If you speak to people at the battery company do you refer to your rig as an ezgo series? I am still a little confused on ID to the stealth 4x4
I think that the frame is actually a lot of club car parts. Drive system has beefed up controller (500amp) and HD solenoid. If the Roypow 105P had been available when I bought mine, I would have gotten it. Can you post link to the EZGo bundle? I can't seem to find it.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:11 AM   #10
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

https://ecobattery.com/products/48v-105ah-b-bundle

Hope that works!

there is another company (thebigbatterystore) showing a rpow (p) kit in stock for 3k. But I have not heard much about them.

Includes:1x - 48V 105Ah RoyPow Power Lithium Battery Pack

1x - 48V Lithium Battery Charger and Connector

1x - Charge Meter for Dash Mount

1x - Brake Resistor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!