lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #1
salkent
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G16 Fuel Compression Issues

I have a 2000 G16 fuel gold cart and I am having problems starting. When it is going and I stop the motor continues to turn over for about 20 sec before stopping. The major problem is the sometimes it stops and I can't get it to start and the wheels lock up. It appears that there is compression on both sides of the cylinder and I can't even push it. I have removed the spark plug and this appears to relieve the pressure and the cart starts working again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
salkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2022, 07:40 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 Fuel Compression Issues

Sounds like it might be hydro locked. Fuel can seep into the cylinder and fill it up causing it to lock up. Typically caused by a carb float issue or dirt on the needle seat. Check your oil level, you might have gas in the oil causing it to read high and will be thin and smell like gas.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:40 AM   #3
salkent
Not Yet Wild

I have removed the spark pug and the cart cant be pushed around but as soon as i replace the spark plug the rear wheels lock up making it impossible to push. In the past prior to this problem the cart could be pushed around the carport with starting it. It doesn't appear to be a fuel problem. I did replace the oil and it did appear to have some fuel smell to it but there wasn't excessive fuel in the oil. Any other ideas with regards to compression issues. Thanks
salkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:40 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Are you putting it in neutral when you push the cart around? Sometimes if a belt it really tight it will act like that when it's being pushed in gear.

If your oil smells like gasoline, then it has gasoline in it. It should not, and it should not smell like it. If you are getting fuel in the oil, there might be a problem with the carb float.

If the cart continues to run after you shut off the ignition switch, you might have a condition called "dieseling", which can be caused by too much fuel in the cylinder. The extra fuel in the cylinder can get ignited by a hot valve or combustion chamber. This usually is a carb or fuel cut off issue.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:56 PM   #5
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It sounds like you also have a clutch or belt issue. Even if the motor locks up, the clutch and belt should still allow the cart to roll. Look at the clutch pulley on the motor. Is the belt riding high on the pulley ?
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha