lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2022, 10:51 AM   #1
ssnaples
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium - voltage reducer wiring help

Apologies for the double post, as I posted this in the regular electric CC forum, but it probably makes more sense in the Lithium section (not sure how to delete other post):

I have a 48V 2003 Club Car DS Pathway and recently upgraded from 6 8v trojans to 4 12v lifepo4 batteries. All is working as it should, but as I now have 12v batteries. I cannot connect the voltage regulator that controls the lights, horn and brake lights as it is a 16v to 12v regulator.

So... can I eliminate the OEM voltage limiter that is on the B- end and connect the fuse panel to a 48v to 12V voltage regulator? Not quite sure why the OEM regulator is on the B- end of things in the first place. Please see the attached markup (Green lines) that helps clarify what I would like to do and advise if you see any issues doing it this way. Would hate to get this far in the process and fry something. Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram.jpg (178.5 KB, 0 views)
ssnaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2022, 05:08 PM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium - voltage reducer wiring help

What you are proposing is correct. Don’t be tempted to run 12v accessories from a single 12v battery, you’ll have balancing issues.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:18 PM   #3
ssnaples
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
What you are proposing is correct. Don’t be tempted to run 12v accessories from a single 12v battery, you’ll have balancing issues.
Thank you! I will give it a go and report back. I also swapped out all the lights to LED. From 20amps down to 2 amps.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:53 PM   #4
ssnaples
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Worked perfectly! Thank you. The way they worked these carts is so crazy and unnecessary. Thank goodness for modern technology
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car