lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2022, 12:37 PM   #1
stevet61
Getting Wild

Default Grease Fitt

Just found out that my grease gun will not couple to the fittings on my ICON cart. Are these some sort of metric grease fitting ?
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2022, 04:40 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Grease Fitt

Whether threaded with metric threads or inch threads, a grease zerk is standardized in size and shape. I have had a few that were not right, apparently china can even f*^k that up. Just replace 'em with some good ones.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:33 AM   #3
Dkmeyers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Whether threaded with metric threads or inch threads, a grease zerk is standardized in size and shape. I have had a few that were not right, apparently china can even f*^k that up. Just replace 'em with some good ones.
Can someone tell me where they are all located on the Cart? How many total? Type of Grease everyone is using?
Dkmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:38 PM   #4
stevet61
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Thanks for the info
Old 05-04-2022, 06:40 PM   #5
stevet61
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkmeyers View Post
Can someone tell me where they are all located on the Cart? How many total? Type of Grease everyone is using?
I know of 3. One on steering joint and one on each of the front spindles.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:58 AM   #6
mtollin
Gone Wild

Out of curiosity, could these be different to keep owners from attempting to use? I posted in another thread my dealer said don't grease, these were sealed joints, which makes almost no sense. I guess possible as you don't lube joints on new cars.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #7
stevet61
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Out of curiosity, could these be different to keep owners from attempting to use? I posted in another thread my dealer said don't grease, these were sealed joints, which makes almost no sense. I guess possible as you don't lube joints on new cars.
Interesting question you posed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon