lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2022, 10:33 AM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A little different, Husqvarna 208cc in mobility scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I really want to build a mobility scooter that can handle some actual off road "stuff". Not like my Cart can, but something that could handle foot paths in the woods...with like maybe 6" of ground clearance and enough power (torque) to climb some steep hills without a heat switch killing the motor!!

I'd like to build one that is electric and that I can have loaded on an airplane.
Interesting enough these carts come with a 70 amp controller! I thought that they'd be less. 70 amps at 24v is 1,680 watts! But IDK if the batteries were parallel or series since the batteries and high current cables were gone when I got it. So it could be 12v which is 840 watts and while still impressive, it's more inline with what I thought it'd be. But an Alltrax XCT300 in one of these at 36v should make for an incredible ride...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2022, 11:12 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Interesting enough these carts come with a 70 amp controller! I thought that they'd be less. 70 amps at 24v is 1,680 watts! But IDK if the batteries were parallel or series since the batteries and high current cables were gone when I got it. So it could be 12v which is 840 watts and while still impressive, it's more inline with what I thought it'd be. But an Alltrax XCT300 in one of these at 36v should make for an incredible ride...
Well....first off ...you gotta do the honey-do list or you won't see play time for awhile!

My current Go-Go Elite Traveler is 24V. Two 12V gel's in the battery box. Is it possible to install an Alltrax controller in mine to up the voltage and bypass the silly heat switch in the factory model?

I'm searching\thinking if I can find a front aftermarket that I could flip a switch and get 4WD.

Scooter companies tend to stay away from stuff like that for liability reasons.

Chickens.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 08:43 AM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Dave, wondering what a 36v Alltrax 300 amp controller would do for you... "The only thing" you'd need to do is stuff another battery somewhere, run a few cables and slap in the Alltrax...

Actually I almost went that route but seeing a new 6.5hp engine with electric start for $109 made my mind up.

Speaking of that engine, it had no airbox or filter so I made one yesterday. It did have a little metal plate that bolts to the end of the carb so I fluxed the heck out of it and soldered a 1" diameter piece of metal conduit to it. That conduit fit snugly inside a PVC adapter that went to a 45 degree 1.5 inch PVC elbow and the elbow, when heated to make it maleable, accepted the air filter, no problem! But it does give me filtered air that isn't going to be sticking out and making me cut more of the body panels when I'm all done.

I also realized I needed an appropriate gas tank, so I picked up this 5 liter mini keg! After I dutifully emptied the contents.... I decided to solder over the openings so I could mount the fittings where they needed to be. Boy was that a fail, so now I'm going to cut open the bottom and put some plastic gas can inside this so it'll still look cool but no messing around with metals of extremely different thicknesses and specific heat characteristics to try and get solder to stick. As for the mini keg, I have no idea what it says. I just thought it looked cool. The beer was pretty darned good too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5105[1].jpg (266.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5103[1].jpg (193.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_E5093.JPG (629.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-07-2022, 03:37 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Really like the keg!

No air filters on snow throwers is common. I've purchased two snow tosser's in my life and neither had air filters nor needed 'em.

There is no dust when moving snow. There's snow, ice, and frozen mud at times.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:14 AM   #15
rib33024

Cool I could use one of these

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:21 AM   #16
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Best of luck on the build, and speedy recovery!
My wife now has two chairs, one for indoors, shopping, flat solid surface use. (Pride Quantum 6, ?) And a bit bigger, more off-road capable, generic chinese unit.
If I had the electronic skills, I’d try for something like this ;
https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0A0BB05C-93D1-487C-AFDB-E1ABF27F2A46.jpeg (61.4 KB, 0 views)
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:22 AM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Cool I could use one of these

Could outrun the locals with that!!
Old 05-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Best of luck on the build, and speedy recovery!
My wife now has two chairs, one for indoors, shopping, flat solid surface use. (Pride Quantum 6, ?) And a bit bigger, more off-road capable, generic chinese unit.
If I had the electronic skills, I’d try for something like this ;
https://www.wheelchairdriver.com/
The only “thing” about this style is, for someone like me who can walk with the aid of a cane, is for off road purposes there’s no front to mash down weeds n stuff. Unless I use my face.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:20 AM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I went down the "search rabbit hole" to find these "Right Angle Drives" from a company called https://www.amt-schmid.com/right-angled-drives.html

I can't seem to find this specific manufacture's right angle drive's for sale anywhere.....but two of these motors....and even four of 'em would provide enough torque to get into the woods and hills of Pennsylvania....and if built thoughtfully, be able to climb stairs for traveling to "places".
Old 05-09-2022, 07:26 AM   #20
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow Rib! Now that's a cart!

Yeah, there'll be no chrome on my cart. But I was actually planning on mounting a spare in the same location! I have 4 pneumatic tires on the cart and I have two extras that are foam filled so I was planning on putting the foam filled on as a spare.

As far as weekend progress, there was none... I didn't expect Mother's Day Weekend to lend itself to me working on stuff in the garage. Although there was a lot of deliveries so I have parts and can play now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps