lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2022, 05:57 PM   #1
blounsbury
Not Yet Wild

Default EcoBattery Questions

I see a lot of people talking about EcoBattery and I see Scotty B carries them as well. I currently have a set of 6 GC8 batteries that are rated at 160AH. I know I shouldn’t be running more than 80AH before I charge them, but that’s still more than the total capacity of the EcoBattery. I’m also not sure about the discharge amperage

1. Am I going to be disappointed in the range?
2. Are the discharge amperages (600 for 3 sec, 300 for 30 sec, 150 continuous) sufficient for an Alltrax 500A controller and Admiral motor?
3. Is the charger waterproof? If not, can I continue to use my Noco charger which does have a lithium setting on it and is waterproof. I don’t charge in the rain but I’ve had rain get into a charger and then short it out previously since I keep the charger onboard.
blounsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2022, 05:02 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EcoBattery Questions

If you are referring to the 72ah battery, I can attest to 40 miles range on level ground, 2 passengers, 70 degrees plus ambient temperature. I was getting 35 miles in 55 degree weather. These were just range tests however. I charge the cart everyday after my daily 5 mile run.

I'm not sure about the 500 amp controller, but unless you need that much for hills, detuning it to 400 amps would be fine.

The 150 amp continuous rating has been upgraded to 175 amps by EB. My cart has never drawn more than 110 amps from a standstill to 24 mph with 2 passengers, one holding on for dear life!

But then, I have no hills to test it on. My DOD (aka fuel consumption) is 1.4Ah per mile.

The charger is not waterproof, but mounted under the seat in a former battery space, unless you are going swimming with it, it will stay dry enough. I highly recommend getting the complete kit from EB. Use their charger and sell the one you have on BGW for sale section.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car