lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2022, 09:48 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Waffling, Club Car DS with ScottyB C54 kit, update or get a new one ?

With higher speeds, and losing several hundred pounds of lead, I’d highly highly recommend keeping as much weight in front of the rear axle as possible. Wheelies are one thing, but unless that’s all you plan to do, I’d avoid it. The cart would be almost undriveable anything above about 15 mph.

Just switching to lithium in general, if I have a couple people in my back seat the front end gets pretty light and steering can get a little squirrely at speed. Add another 100lbs of battery behind the axle plus a couple passengers and a back seat, you’re going to have a hard time keeping enough weight on the front end to steer at all.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2022, 11:00 AM   #12
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Waffling, Club Car DS with ScottyB C54 kit, update or get a new one ?

lol Understood :) The battery carrier is aluminum and removable if it's really unmanageable, There is also a storage space under the hood to add weight if needed.

Gonna see what it will do and adjust as needed :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:02 AM   #13
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Carrier is mostly built.... still need to add some more support...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roypow-install-5.jpg (122.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg roypow-install-2.jpg (115.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2022, 06:26 AM   #14
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00 View Post

Yes I'm trying to do wheelies :)

Am I insane ? don't answer that...
For those of you reading this thread, you might consider my neighbors daughter who fell off the back of a golf cart. Yes, you guessed it they were doing cool wheelies. She directly impacted her head on the pavement and had to be life flighted to the hospital. She came close to not making it several times in the first week. After a month in the hospital and two years of therapy, she has the mind of a 8 year old. She's 22.

Wheelies away!
Old 05-17-2022, 10:52 AM   #15
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
For those of you reading this thread, you might consider my neighbors daughter who fell off the back of a golf cart. Yes, you guessed it they were doing cool wheelies. She directly impacted her head on the pavement and had to be life flighted to the hospital. She came close to not making it several times in the first week. After a month in the hospital and two years of therapy, she has the mind of a 8 year old. She's 22.

Wheelies away!
That's very unfortunate that happened, I can assure you when I'm do hold my beer moments it's only going to be me in the cart....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car