lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2022, 03:51 PM   #11
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 DS conversion to Big Battery 48v 103ah

Well, doesn't seem like a lot of interest here but she's done. Thanks to all who answered my questions, very much appreciated. It ended up taking about four nights, a couple of hours each. Most of which was straightening out the spaghetti from the addition of accessories over the years. Still have to program the empty and full on the meter, but that thing is always with 1/10 of a volt of the meter on the battery. Now just have to figure out how to get it down to 45v to program the fuel gauge to empty. It lights up when there is amperage draw and when charging, then only the digits stay on at rest. The on board charger is great, and won't miss lugging around the old one. Still scratching my head on the draw from the 12v reducer but will figure that out soon. The cart is so light I had to let some air out of the front tires!! The steering was all over the place. I've driven it about four miles on the hills around my neighborhood and it's barely drawn down the battery. Very happy with the results to date.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2829.jpg (190.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2826.jpg (174.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2827.jpg (209.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2828.jpg (168.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2833.jpg (155.2 KB, 0 views)
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2022, 03:54 PM   #12
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Last pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2831.jpg (155.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-04-2022, 08:02 AM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks very neat and clean; congrats!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:09 AM   #14
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

great stuff :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:51 PM   #15
eprovenzano
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Very clean install... hoping mine will look this good when my current batteries need replaced.

Side note. Years ago I installed my charger on the cart... Yes it makes life so much easier. Just plug in and walk away,
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #16
ClubCarDave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
Last pic
Question for you.....do you turn your master battery switch off at the battery when the cart is not in use? I've been struggling to get some help with my Club Car DS situation with my Big Battery Husky pack. I have tried to jumper the blue and white OBC wires but when I power down the pack and re-power it up, something goes weird in my Navitas controller or OBC and the cart will not move. I purchased my Navitas solution from Plum Quick as well. After talking to Navitas yesterday, they suggested me replacing my DS Regen harness for an IG harness as they believe there is an issue with the OBC pigtail harness that Plum Quick supplied to adapt my IQ Navitas setup to a DS Regen. I am trying to see if others are experiencing anything like I am?
ClubCarDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:22 AM   #17
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I only push the button on the Husky when I am done with it for the day.....
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:45 PM   #18
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDave View Post
Question for you.....do you turn your master battery switch off at the battery when the cart is not in use? I've been struggling to get some help with my Club Car DS situation with my Big Battery Husky pack. I have tried to jumper the blue and white OBC wires but when I power down the pack and re-power it up, something goes weird in my Navitas controller or OBC and the cart will not move. I purchased my Navitas solution from Plum Quick as well. After talking to Navitas yesterday, they suggested me replacing my DS Regen harness for an IG harness as they believe there is an issue with the OBC pigtail harness that Plum Quick supplied to adapt my IQ Navitas setup to a DS Regen. I am trying to see if others are experiencing anything like I am?
I have generally been leaving it on unless I know I won't be using for a while. Then I power the battery off. I removed the obc, and have the stock controller with a PQ Bandit. Haven't had that issue you are experiencing.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:01 AM   #19
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDave View Post
Do you still have the negative from the pack going through the obc to the controller?
Old 05-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #20
ClubCarDave
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
Do you still have the negative from the pack going through the obc to the controller?
Well I was going to remove the OBC from the cart altogether but was unsure what steps I had to take. I connected the blue and white wire to bypass the lockout but did not change anything on the black or grey charging socket wires. How did you remove and bypass yours effectively? I would like to remove mine all together now that I know it's not needed.

Thanks!
ClubCarDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car