lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2022, 11:49 AM   #1
Speedylifsavr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Extreme team lithium died , trying to troubleshoot

Extreme Team 48v 200ah lithium battery with Evolution 58.4v 1200w LiFePO4 waterproof onboard battery charger. Navitas 5kw AC motor with 600amp controller.

All was fine up until about a week ago when after a ride I plugged the cart in to charge. The battery meter (on top of the battery) stated it was at 62% SOC. Usually, it only takes a few hours to charge and all is well.

I came back out in the garage about 7 hours later still hearing the hum of the fan on the charger. I also noticed the SOC was only up to 72%. I quickly unplugged it to make sure I wasn't doing any damage. I double-checked all connections and everything looked good.

I plugged it in again and it ran for about 30 min, the green light on the charger came on and it shut off itself. I took it out for a short ride and everything seemed great , until it completely lost power. Everything else on the cart worked great, lights , stereo etc.

pushed it back to the house and looked at the meter , the battery app , the Navitas app and put a voltmeter on the battery.

pics of those attached except the voltmeter that said 46.1v

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yhx1yoz0j...%20PM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwkx70w4v5...%20PM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/igyp5d1pqa...%20PM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7x346xgbd6...%20PM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvgp40eq8m...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I bought a new $400 charger from extreme team thinking that may be the issue. I spoke with a young lady when I called them and the best advice she could give was "do you belong to a forum" . Charger should be here today , hesitant to hook it up, don't want to do further damage. I feel this may be a BMS issue.

watcha think?
Speedylifsavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2022, 03:27 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Extreme team lithium died , trying to troubleshoot

If all of the accessories were still working it wasn't your battery that shut you down. If it was the battery, you would have lost power to everything. One other thing I noticed is that your batteries are avg 2.887V That would give you a SOC of about 8%. Your meter is telling you its 73.2% you need to calibrate your BMS. What you need to do is monitor your BMS while the car is charging. You may have one battery that is way out of balance and is tripping you off. The Daly BMS doesn't store the errors so you will never know unless you're watching.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:33 PM   #3
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your battery is flat!

46.1v total pack voltage and/or 2.853v cell voltage is a dead battery.

The battery has not shut down yet as it’s cutoff thresholds are lower than those voltages but your Navitas has to protect the battery, hence the reason why your motor has stopped but your accessories are still going.

Your Daly app will never show the correct SOC, never, ever, so don’t trust it, especially when drawing low currents with the accessories. The other SOC should be fairly accurate depending on how it’s connected. Is it also measuring the current draw from the 48v-12v reducer? Or is the reducer bypassing the measurement shunt?

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:52 PM   #4
Speedylifsavr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you kindly for the replies.

I ordered a new charger and hope to get it hooked up soon to rule some things out. I will monitor the BMS while charging and share my findings.
Old 04-20-2022, 05:45 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

What warranty do they have? Sounds like you should be asking for warranty help.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:52 AM   #6
Speedylifsavr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
What warranty do they have? Sounds like you should be asking for warranty help.
The battery is under warranty, If the charger turns out not to be the issue I will reach out to them.

Tags
extreme team, lithium battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car