lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2022, 04:35 PM   #1
Shieldzee
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default VC 625 compression

Anyone know what the compression for the VC625 is? Mine seems to really be smoking and burning oil. Thinking maybe a broken ring or they are just junk and that’s why VC stopped selling them. Anyone else having issues with theirs?
Shieldzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2022, 03:34 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: VC 625 compression

Make sure its not overfilled or gas leaking into the oil. Does it have the pcv hose to the airbox, if so is it sucking oil into the carb that way. Does your airbox leak or not have a good filter, dirt getting in will kill the rings faster than anything.

I have family with like ten years on one and the coil finally had to be replaced. Its a 420 clone and burns no oil. They use it daily in the summer. Most all these clones stock are low compression maybe 8 at most to burn cheap gas. I cut my head and still ran regular, then put a long rod and thick gasket in and still run regular. Think I cut it .050. Many did .100 but then you have to run premium. This for a 420 but I would guess not much different for a 625.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!