lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2022, 11:30 AM   #1
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My 1971 Harley Davidson 3 wheeled golf cart

it needs a hole restoration it sat in a field for like 3-4 years I don't know the motor needs a overhaul it has a scored piston and jug shattered piston ring and crank seals it is a two stroke but it is nothing even close to the 244cc robin two stroke in my 83 E-Z-GO 3 wheeler I posted the over day about my 83 go check it out for info on my 83 E-Z-GO but back to my Harley Davidson it needs seats but I have a old bench from a old dead goth cart I sold if anyone knows stuff about it it will be helpful I forgot to say but I'm going to bur the motor 20 thousands over and is a AMF what ever that is I quest it is like the E-Z-GO TXT thing but it is a Harley Davidson AMF
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 1971 Harley Davidson 3 wheeled golf cart

hello anyone?
Old 04-07-2022, 11:12 AM   #3
Scooter_Trash
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
hello anyone?
Hello! Several knowledgeable folks here on these machines. If you've got a specific issue or question, I'm sure someone will jump in and help.
Scooter_Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:54 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Hi there Leon. I know Harley Carts but, to be honest, I don't see any specific questions on your post. Are you just looking for general information? Is your cart not running at all? I think we'll probably need some more specific information about what you are experiencing with your cart before anyone can be of much assistance.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yes the motor blown up and I can't figure out the year on it
Old 04-08-2022, 08:26 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

How is the motor blown up? No compression? Locked up? The year on Harley carts is not terribly important as they. mechanically, were all the same from the late 60s to 1981.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:41 AM   #7
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

shattered the middle piston ring and scored the cylinder and it needs crank seals
Old 04-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #8
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Got it. All of the parts for that are still easily obtainable. If you do a Google search for "Harley Davidson Cart Top End Kit" you will see a lot of returns. You will also see that parts run from 1967 - 1981 meaning that the parts are all the same for these years. I see a kit out there that has everything you need for under $200. New cylinder, piston, rings, gaskets, etc. You can always just order some new rings as well but you will still need the gaskets as the old cylinder will have to be displaced to get the new rings on.

Regarding the crank seals, I believe that there are 3 of them in there and one isn't accessible without splitting the case. An old cart guy told me that only the outer two need to be changed, however.

The manual for your cart can be found here:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colu...63_1980_GS.pdf

It describes the work that needs done in detail Of course, post up any specific questions that you have.

Jeff
Old 04-08-2022, 05:42 PM   #9
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thank you very much
Old 04-08-2022, 05:50 PM   #10
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And I'm dumb it's a 75 model not a 71
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson