lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2022, 02:51 AM   #1
MC16LTD
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Sway Bar for "L" lifted models

So the wife was riding with her sister and niece the other day and the cart (I40L) started a wobbling on her. We have changed out the tires to a lower profile radial and installed 2" spacers to make it manageable (fine with two seated). I know these things are light in the front so it wants to play Munster Mobile wheelie cart, I said she just needed to slow down when carrying passengers on rear seat, but she wasn't happy.

So I start looking for a solution for if there are passengers so everyone doesn't panic. The options I see are diets (not likely ), heavier rear springs (haven't seen any), or a rear sway bar. I saw a tube vid of someone that made a rear sway bar for a G29 but there wasn't a follow up of how or the parts needed. His comments lead one to believe that it is like the holy grail for the swinging cart so very interested.

Has anyone seen a rear sway bar for the lifted ICON's?

edit: added picture from video

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G29 Swaybar.jpg (112.7 KB, 0 views)
MC16LTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2022, 05:45 AM   #2
BL_1029
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Sway Bar for "L" lifted models

I'm not sure if you found a solution or created your own sway bar yet, but I just found the follow up video containing the parts used to build the sway bar this morning.
Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL2JYo6BrA8
BL_1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon