lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
drandle
Not Yet Wild

Default Vanish transmission may have just broke

Guys,
I was plowing the snow today for the first time this year, we got about a foot of snow last night. the Vanish worked fine this morning and I took it out for a second time to finish up. Plowed forward, went to go in reverse and there was a pop noise and then nothing. I can hear and see the motor turning but no vehicle movement. It's like a shear pin or something broke in the transmission that's bolted to the AC induction motor. I have another transmission/motor.

Anyone have a manual on this vehicle? How hard is it to change this out, and can I just replace the shear pin or pawl?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Don
drandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2022, 01:12 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Vanish transmission may have just broke

The inner gears in the transmission are known to chip teeth, but before you go that far....does it drive in 4WD off the fronts?

The other issue is the rear prop shaft strips so the front still drives but the rear doesn't.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:28 PM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Here's a link to get to the Vanish parts manual.

https://evtechnicalservices.com/tomberlin-manuals
Old 02-07-2022, 02:07 PM   #4
drandle
Not Yet Wild

Doesn't go forward or reverse in 4wd or 2wd. I've tried moving the L-H-N knob on the dash as well but nothing.

with the dump bed raised when i press on the gas pedal I can hear/see the motor turning but nothing from the transmission, not even a grinding noise, it's like the transfer case is totally disconnected from the electric motor.

Don
Old 02-07-2022, 02:26 PM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Sounds like you may be looking at an internal transmission issue then and as we all know there aren't too many folks out there who are comfortable pulling that thing apart to rebuild it.

I do have the photo assembly for the build of it but it's kind of large to post out here so if you can pm your direct email I can try and send it to you that way. You may not want to do it but it might help someone to better understand what you're looking at if you end up pulling it apart.
Old 02-18-2022, 05:16 PM   #6
drandle
Not Yet Wild

Update... The Vanish has been repaired. Turns out that there was a roll pin that sheared off on the output coupler. Cheap repair, had them go through the whole unit while they had it.

Will get it back just in time for next week's snow storm... We got almost a foot of snow yesterday and i had to hand shovel it... Will be glad to get the Vanish back so I can plow with it!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin