lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2021, 07:12 PM   #1
E-gator
Not Yet Wild

Default JD XUV Gator, Briggs to DC Motor Conversion - know anyone working on one?

Hello - I’m on my second John Deere Gator XUV 550 (this one is a year old) and I just can’t stand the noise anymore. To make some headway, this fall I built a 48V Li-po battery from used UPS parts and it’s working great in a friend’s Easy-Go. Rides rough as hell but it’s very quiet.

These things have a Briggs V2 16 Horsepower with centrifugal clutch - v-belt - connecting the engine to a differential with 2 speeds and 4WD. 3400 RPM max but mine never sees it. I’m thinking keep the drivetrain and just switch a cart motor for the noise maker. The engine mostly propels the gator around the farm at no more than 10 mph and 4wd has been engaged twice.

As far as battery power I would start out with my 48 volt lipo pack and if needed I can always add more. Lots of room.

Any thoughts?
E-gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2022, 07:27 PM   #2
dharmac
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: JD XUV Gator, Briggs to DC Motor Conversion - know anyone working on one?

Hi there,
That sounds like an interesting project. I'm currently working on an older (2wd, no rear suspension) factory E-gator project. I have found that JD adapted lots of golf cart parts. Maybe you can find an old golf cart to scavenge parts from. It seems like the major hurtle will be adapting an electric motor to your gearbox in order to maintain 4wd functionality. Cost of parts for an electric conversion add up in a hurry. Good luck
dharmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ev conversion, john deere
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!