lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2022, 03:31 PM   #21
TNdave88
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Allied 12V x 4 problems

Yes I'm sure, I tested with three different meters including my Fluke. I even had a friend come check it just to mess with him. I've tried charging them with a 12v lithium charger and no dice. I've tried contacting Allied AGAIN, a few minutes ago by starting a new ticket, or new email. We will see. I'm ready to throw their kit in the trash at this point.
TNdave88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2022, 04:40 PM   #22
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry to be skeptic about the reverse polarity but what you’re describing should not be possible. A reverse voltage in the mV region can occur if a reverse voltage is applied, but to reverse charge 4 lithium cells to almost full voltage, and for those cells to MAINTAIN that voltage seems impossible to me. Either way, the BMS in that battery is shot. A BMS shouldn’t be able to pass a reverse voltage. It will have a direct short between the B- and C- connections.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:51 PM   #23
ssnaples
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
You will always have balance problems with 12v batteries connected in series. I have documented why in many threads here where members have had the exact problem you have. Connecting them in parallel and fully charging them with a 12v charger every few months is the only solution to get them back
This is not true. I just installed 4x12v lifepo4 100ah batteries connected them in series. I also wired a 4-bank 12v 10amp x 4 charger and it keeps the Batts perfectly in balance and fully charged. So far so good so we will see how long they last this way
ssnaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:53 PM   #24
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnaples View Post
This is not true. I just installed 4x12v lifepo4 100ah batteries connected them in series……..So far so good so we will see how long they last this way
Hi ssnaples,

I didn’t comment about your 4x12v lithium batteries in your other thread as I’ve already done so many times in the past here. It is true, you won’t have any problems now, provided all batteries are fully (or equally) charged when you first install them but as time goes on they will become unbalanced, reducing total capacity. Once this happens you’ll have to charge each battery individually with a 12v lithium charger to bring them back into balance.

You can search around the forum for my other posts on this subject, there are many.

Cheers
Pat.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:24 AM   #25
ssnaples
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Hi ssnaples,

I didn’t comment about your 4x12v lithium batteries in your other thread as I’ve already done so many times in the past here. It is true, you won’t have any problems now, provided all batteries are fully (or equally) charged when you first install them but as time goes on they will become unbalanced, reducing total capacity. Once this happens you’ll have to charge each battery individually with a 12v lithium charger to bring them back into balance.

You can search around the forum for my other posts on this subject, there are many.

Cheers
Pat.
Yes, what I am saying is that I have a 4bank charger that charges each battery individually every time the cart charges. The batteries are always balanced and I will not have to rebalance them... unless I am missing something? I am using the Noco Genius 4x10
ssnaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 02:17 AM   #26
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

You didn’t mention that. Yes, that should be ok.

Tags
parasitic draw
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car