lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2022, 02:39 PM   #21
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Introducing CALB cells -and- is the switch to 72v worth it?

A minor correction for accuracy, it's WattHours (Wh), which is the energy stored in the battery, not Watts which is instantaneous power,

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #22
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Introducing CALB cells -and- is the switch to 72v worth it?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input and suggestions and I agree 100% with the added efficiency and range. But I’m going to finish out the build on 48v for now. As you know, mid-build I switched carts from a ‘98 DS to a ‘07 Precedent which has the middle console in the battery tub that holds all the electronics. And these large CALB cells barely fit in it - no extra room (like I have in my DS) to add the extra cells needed for 72v. In later years the Precedent moved that behind the rear battery tub so the entire tub is usable and that would be required for 72v with these cells - but the lowest I’ve found a tub conversion for is around $450.

I also have other plans right now which require 48v so I am kinda stuck here for now. But I will continue to monitor and revisit the idea in the future. My wife also wants the garage back for parking LOL Time to get this project done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium