lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2022, 08:19 PM   #51
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Camp Project "Got Milk"

Understand that.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2022, 07:02 PM   #52
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Got another round of parts ordered!

Fuel Line, NGK plug, pulse pump, fuel filter, air filter and a 23" set of tires. I hope to hear it fire off for the first time this weekend!

I got the engine in the cart a while back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220306_153236.jpg (273.4 KB, 0 views)
Mjmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:01 AM   #53
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well all, it's alive. Still has some items to address but overall it's running great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220423_122348.jpg (411.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220423_154646.jpg (153.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220424_120541.jpg (222.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220424_124402.jpg (355.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-29-2022, 11:56 AM   #54
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Good to hear!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:09 PM   #55
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

now next time you need to get a 70's Harley Davidson golf cat
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:12 AM   #56
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Had to put the puny tires back on the carts until the new ones got mounted. Much better!

Its tough going from a v-twin cart back to stock with big tires, will see what the future brings for upgrades in the power department. In the short term I need a windshield and fender flares. Also contemplating a rear seat this year instead of next.

We put some miles on the carts yesterday. Id say a good 40 min run in all heading over to a family members house from the campsite. Also blazed some woods trails. Found some mud, just crazy what these carts accomplish with a lift and knobby tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220428_062622.jpg (342.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220430_111359.jpg (353.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #57
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Got to thinking about the cart over the last few days about the suspension. I will admit I purchased the economy kit, therefore adjustability is non-existent and quality is mediocre. Again, not complaining and I understand this with what I paid.

I do have play in my kingpins which were all replaced by me (seems as if bushings don't seat well in the A-arms). I did manage to eliminate vertical play via use of washers. Has anyone had a kit with oversize size kingpin bushings?

The cart also sits nose heavy (id say rear is 2-inches higher, maybe this cart has overload springs in the rear?). The front shocks are mounted to the max lift hole and camber isn't bad surprisingly. Thinking about going to some type of long arm in the future for adjustability of camber. Our CC DS kit is fully adjustable and I love it. Can I get longer front shocks for now to level it or do I need to go straight into a Jakes longarm or the like? Worried anymore lift and my camber will be way positive.

I'm really leaning towards a quick fix of dropping the rear to level it out somehow for now. I will get some more pictures this weekend of the overalls for you guys to see.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:48 PM   #58
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Put some CRAZY miles on the cart last weekend. Like nearly 20 down the country backroads, and 4-wheeling in the woods. The governor needs some adjusting as it tops out at 15 MPH (the 89 EZGO Marathon 2-smoke would beat me on the flats!), but I did adjust it on the safe side for break in. Tightened the governor up a bit and am almost to 20 MPH which is sufficient for now on the flats.

I do have some issues starting to pop up:
  • Fuel drain back. (Installed new clamps, will see if the issue is remedied)
  • Rear axle input shaft seal leak (Trying to locate the part number for this, for now just topping it off every weekend.)
  • Screeching belts after riding for a long time (purchased a new drive belt and starter belt today, will replace as they are both whooped.)
  • Vibrations (I have play in the outer primary sheave, just ordered new bushings and seals, not sure if this is it? Play is maybe 1/8'' to 3/16'' wobble).

Taking this Friday off and heading to camp for the long weekend. Plan to work on the cart Friday, I hope everything comes in time.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:59 AM   #59
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Scouring FB Marketplace for v-twins. Really struggling to keep anywhere near our 670 DS and we have been doing a lot of road riding. Locally only could find a 16HP Vanguard, compression is low (100psi). Really looking for a 20 plus HP unit but this engine is listed for $125. Stewing on it.....
Old 05-31-2022, 11:38 AM   #60
Mjmck
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ended up contacting the FB seller of the 16HP v-twin. He still has it and its been listed for 2-weeks. Sounds like interest is low?

His and my schedule don't align well. Planning to go look at it this Saturday.

Tags
g16, g16a, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides