lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2022, 08:22 PM   #11
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart Project Complete Custom Rebuild from Frame Up

Thanks. The one I need has 6 holes for d1105. Found one bug it is only 1”. I’ll probably use a tapered sleeve with a key to make it 1 1/8 for the 1190 clutch
Jackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2022, 08:30 PM   #12
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

So this old DS 1984 needs a 6” lift. Looking for that right now. Let me know what you suggest. Want the smoothest ride but I want it beefy. Don’t want anything to break.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:04 PM   #13
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question. Are you able to side load the crank/bearings [as in pulling a belt] on a D1100? Reason I ask is I am running 2, 4 cylinder Kubotas V2203, both pulling belts, one on a compressor, the other on a generator and I had to use stub shafts with bearings for these applications. According to the factory recommendations, the main bearings otherwise would not last long with a heavy side load. Just a friendly heads up.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:00 AM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Also keep in mind that with a max RPM of 3000 you might not get the speed out of it that you want.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:34 AM   #15
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

Regarding the crank. I cant tell you from experience but I’ll look into it. I’ve owned several kubotas in this Hp range and never had an issue. There are a set of crank bearings as the crank goes across the length of the engine. On the other side where the fan is are several other belts putting stress on the crank and I’ve never had one fail. This particular 1105 even has an auxiliary pully got a gen or some other application and since the engine is used and it sounds good I can’t imagine it having any detrimental wear at this point. I did do some research after your post and found a bearing I could use as you suggested and it’s less than 100 bucks. I’m not sure yet if I will go that way as I am unsure with the Comet 1190 in place how it would all fit on the shaft.

Thanks for the heads up. Will keep that in mind as this cart goes together. Is there anyone on this forum who have had a side loading issue with a kubota? There are many diesel projects posted and these are with smaller engines than the 1105. Figure the issue will be seen more frequently
Old 01-22-2022, 09:40 AM   #16
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

We are sizing the clutch/driven parts at the moment. We have the ratio from the rear end I got from the Toro Workman which was designed to go about 20 with the gas engine (higher rpm’s) so there will be changes. I can’t reuse the current driven pully anyhow since the previous owner or the boneyard damaged it. However, I don’t need to reach race speeds as the campground speed limits are low.

Ordered heavy duty springs and shackles for the rear because this engine adds just over 200lbs to the cart. New frame is fit up and will be tig welded sometime this coming week. I’ve picked out a lift kit for the front but will have to wait a week or two to order as it’s not cheap. Looking at a Jakes adjustable 6-10 inch long travel lift kit. I like to be able to adjust based on the outcome of the engine mount/platform fabrication. Also can go as large as 25” tires with this kit. Since we’ve set things up to stretch the frame 40” looking for more stability. Will have that with a wider rear and front stance with bigger tires, which will also help the speed
Old 01-22-2022, 12:58 PM   #17
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm thinking now that the side load on your crank would be fairly light and almost intermittent moving a golf cart. Your engine's torque output is lower too. On my compressor engine I used a Hays Couplings bellhousing adaptor and stub shaft, The generator's engine I made a stub shaft and support driving it with the reefer's compressor splined hub.
Old 01-30-2022, 09:17 PM   #18
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

How is your project coming? Your repower has me interested as the finished machine can easily run for another 5-10 000 hours.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:17 PM   #19
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

Funny you should ask We are busy welding because I’m stretching it 40” Going slow just because I’m not the best at TIG welding aluminum yet Lots of practice happening here lol I can mig weld steel pretty well but aluminum can be really challenging I’m finding

Got the clutch and adapter I need Waiting to buy the front end lift for prob another two weeks Have plenty of time which will all he used up welding Gives me time to fab the engine cradle and place the rear suspension

Once I get the welds looking like at least a beginner I’ll post some low res pics so you can see it but not zoom in and see how bad my welds are
Old 02-07-2022, 06:29 PM   #20
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why not get a spool gun and some argon for your wirefeeder? You know, MIG was initially designed to efficiently weld aluminum. I know tig is all the fashion nowadays and has it's place, but a thick golf cart frame is wayyy down on the list.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps