lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #1
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlight adjustment

I tried adjusting my headlights down. With the cart in the garage with the door closed I marked on the garage door where the lights were hitting. It was a pretty narrow band. So I’d like to bring that full band down. I pulled up the display cluster from the dash and was able to reach each light from inside the cluster...but I could only adjust the top knob (I had trouble getting leverage on the lower knob). When adjusting by turning the top knob counter-clockwise the band got wider going down but it didn’t lower the overall beam at the top (and it’s the top that needs to come down).

I saw someone posted that the top knob adjusts the regular headlights and the bottom knob adjusts the brights. Has anyone messed with these 2 knobs and give us more insight. I know what the Icon video shows for adjusting but it doesn’t go into much detail at all on what each knob does. They just show how to get to them from under the cart by the wheel.

Has anyone truly got the beams to lower and do you have details on which knob and which way you turned them?
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Headlight adjustment

I've been meaning to adjust mine, but haven't gotten to it. Have you seen the video from ICON on adjustments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7t7xZd9EKo
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:22 PM   #3
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
I've been meaning to adjust mine, but haven't gotten to it. Have you seen the video from ICON on adjustments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7t7xZd9EKo
Yes, I mentioned that above. To me, that video shows nothing on making the adjustment. It shows how to get to them but no detail on how to lower the beam...other than twisting a knob. I twisted the top knob and described above what happened.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH711 View Post
Yes, I mentioned that above. To me, that video shows nothing on making the adjustment. It shows how to get to them but no detail on how to lower the beam...other than twisting a knob. I twisted the top knob and described above what happened.
Ah I missed that, my bad. I ordered replacement plastic push rivets and I'm going to mess with it in a few days when they come.

I drive around a lot at night so I really need to adjust mine. It's hard to see the road and I just blind cars. I'll come back to this thread once I figure it out or if somebody does so before me.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:22 PM   #5
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Ah I missed that, my bad. I ordered replacement plastic push rivets and I'm going to mess with it in a few days when they come.

I drive around a lot at night so I really need to adjust mine. It's hard to see the road and I just blind cars. I'll come back to this thread once I figure it out or if somebody does so before me.
Thanks, that would be great!
Old 05-11-2021, 11:11 AM   #6
holemania
Not Yet Wild

I tried adjusting my headlight beams also with the 2 knobs but only had limited success in lowering the trajectory. I put a towel over the other side during adjustment.

I felt like the adjustment only moved the standard beam a little lower, then raised it again (almost like an eccentric bearing adjustment).

I didn't notice the adjustment affecting the high beam at all.

I tried through the cup-holder pop-out and also removed the mud guard cover but it's hard to get to those knobs.

Be careful removing the mud guard cover...I broke 3 or 4 of those plastic push-in rivets and had to order more too.
holemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:42 AM   #7
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Thanks holemania for your report. Let’s see if others have any luck! As I reported, the narrow light band I had projected on my garage door got wider going down when I adjusted the top knobs but didn’t lower from the top...which I wanted so I don’t blind people and other cars.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:52 PM   #8
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

possible that it's as low as it gets? from the video

"To adjust the headlight beams there are two knobs located on the back of the headlight housing turning the knob left or right will raise the beam and move it side to side."
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:06 PM   #9
ATrain
Gone Wild

Another option is to just unscrew the headlight and stack some washers behind the top headlight screw (or maybe 2 screws) and call it a day.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #10
ATrain
Gone Wild

I gave adjusting a shot, and my take away is don't even bother f'n with it.

Tightening the bottom knob seems to maybe lower the light a bit?

The top knob seems to be focus, so you can adjust the beam.

Removing the fender flairs and push rivets to access the light from the wheel well didn't really give me much advantage over just shoving my arm through the cupholder. Even then, the adjustments seemed useless.

I think the whole thing is more work than it's worth...and I put way too much work into stupid stuff. Just my 2 cents, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has better success.

I was using the inside of my garage door during the day, so maybe when it comes nighttime I might notice a huge difference.

These are the push rivets used btw:

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon