lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
gofast67
Gone Wild

Default 2001 e z go txt gas no spark

Hello all, i am having a big problem with an e z go txt robyn engine pre mci.i lost total fire, i have replaced coil, pulsar coil, igniter and solenoid. I will get a small spark at initial start up and it is gone after. Each time i hit the pedal it will spark once and that is it. Can someone please point me in the right direction please? Also the key switch test fine and the micro switch in the floor seems to be working just fine also.
gofast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #2
newtjl
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2001 e z go txt gas no spark

Here is your manual...http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf
Section L is your wiring diagram.

Put a test light on the positive and negative termianls of your ignition coil. You should have a flashing light when you turn the engine over with the starter. If it doesnt come on at all, trace that back to your solenoid. If its a solid light without flashing, trace it back to your igniter and go from there. It must be flashing to initiate spark.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
gofast67
Gone Wild

Ok I will try this, thank you
Old 07-15-2020, 08:05 AM   #4
petero
Not Yet Wild

try a meter on the white wire on your ignition coil. with the engine turning you should have about 11.5v now try it on the red you should have very little. the test light should light up only on the white.
make sure that the 4 pin connector that comes from the igniter box is connected in the right way. This had me beat.The wires do not corispond on each side.the white should line up with the red.Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15-7-2020 005.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15-7-2020 001.jpg (119.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15-7-2020 002.jpg (224.1 KB, 0 views)
petero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
gofast67
Gone Wild

10.94 on white wire and 1.2 on red wire
Old 07-15-2020, 01:57 PM   #6
gofast67
Gone Wild

[ all I get is a solid light, no flashing. I have tried 2 new igniters and still the same. Also the ground wire from igniter goes straight to battery

QUOTE=newtjl;1740452]Here is your manual...http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf
Section L is your wiring diagram.

Put a test light on the positive and negative termianls of your ignition coil. You should have a flashing light when you turn the engine over with the starter. If it doesnt come on at all, trace that back to your solenoid. If its a solid light without flashing, trace it back to your igniter and go from there. It must be flashing to initiate spark.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-16-2020, 08:58 AM   #7
gofast67
Gone Wild

I had to take it to the shop. I could not find the issue. I have a huge farm with multiple carts and they all are breaking down right now. Always something
Old 07-16-2020, 11:46 AM   #8
tprosuper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Are you referencing an aftermarket ignitor and 4 pin connector? My OEM ignitor and 4 pin connector has aligned white wires.
tprosuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprosuper View Post
Are you referencing an aftermarket ignitor and 4 pin connector? My OEM ignitor and 4 pin connector has aligned white wires.
Could you show us your setup because all I have ever worked on change from red in connector and leave as white.

There is a red wire with white stripe and it does indeed go to connector from ignitor and come out as red with white stripe but the one we are talking about is solid red going in and white on other side of plastic connector heading to coil. This red with white stripe goes to pulser coil under flywheel along with the black wire.

Also the plastic connector a few inches from ignitor will snap in place when you hit it right and the ones I have here at my shop cannot be plugged in incorrect.

I have always wondered why the wiring diagram shows red from solenoid to coil when in fact they leave red and end up white, same wire by the way . I have a few OEM used ignitors and I own three carts with pre mci engines and they are all the way I said.

I think I could wire one in my sleep as many as I have done. I am not sure why so many people have problems with the firing on these engines. Maybe because of ordering a part that was not bad to begin with.

I can tell you these aftermarket ignitors are mostly junk and cause more problems that they help.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:00 PM   #10
gofast67
Gone Wild

Turned out that the new pulsar coil was bad. Made in china
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO