lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Rowpow-Should I or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
The performance increase for series or sepex carts (evidently RXV carts are different) is from both the big weight loss and that the voltage doesn't sag so much under load.

Range is a matter of amp hours. The more amp hours you get the more range. If you get the 56 Ah pack you should get less range than healthy Trojans I would imagine. I know it's apples/oranges but I used to have a 47 amp hour DIY pack and I estimated my range in at 12 to 13 miles of full speed driving. But if I drove at 16 to 18 mph the range increased incredibly. I later upgraded to a 94 amp hour pack and it's great. If you drive moderately, you will get very good range.

The SOC is different on lithium. You can drain them much more. But what's more interesting to me when I switched was how far the V would move from fully charged to fully depleted. consider that lead acid fully charged was 50.4v (or is it 50.7v, can't remember) then dead is 48.0. 2.7V of range. My DIY lith pack full charge is 57.6V and dead is 45.5V. So the cart acts like a supercar above 53V, acts like a fully charged lead acid around 49V to 52V and acts like a dead lead acid from 49V down to 45.5V. Roy Pow uses different lithium chemistry but it would be interesting to look at what the V range and see how that compares to your old lead acid.
With what you are saying in mind, I should be looking at at least the 105ah (or 160ah) to get better results?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2020, 09:55 AM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You also need to look into the sustained amp output the battery can handle. On a hunting cart, you will be drawing higher current for extended times running at low speeds. Higher current draw means shorter run time, but with lithium it also means you might hit the voltage cutoff much sooner with the cart under load, or possibly cause damage to the pack pulling too many amps for an extended period of time.
That generally means you need a higher Ah battery to will handle the higher current load.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good point Fairtax.

Bama, maybe a quick rundown of your cart is in order so we know what we are dealing with. Bigger tires? Aftermarket controller/motor? Winch? Stock diff gearing? Where you drive is it Mountains/valleys/rivers? rolling hills?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #14
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have a 2009 Stealth Patriot 4 x 4 48-volt (8 6-volt batteries). Live in south Central Alabama, so no hills to speak of. Has Stealth 4 x 4 controller. Does have a winch that is wired to a box (voltage regulator?) that is then wired to positive and neg of 2 of the 6-volt batteries. I'll go take pictures.

Everything stock, has 24 x 10-12 mud tires.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #15
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Here’s pictures of controller, winch, box that winch wires go thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #16
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
First is the initial cost- Around $1700.00 for the Rowpow vs $1400.00 for 8 6-volt Trojan T145's (in my area, about $175/each). But, this does include new BMS & Charger. $300 more is nothing to sneeze at! I like my money!
This really depends on where you buy and what you want. My roypow kit was $1250 plus shipping. Now, I got the smallest pack. But it has a good 25 miles of range if you drive conservatively

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Haddixbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #17
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
I have a 2009 Stealth Patriot 4 x 4 48-volt (8 6-volt batteries). Live in south Central Alabama, so no hills to speak of. Has Stealth 4 x 4 controller. Does have a winch that is wired to a box (voltage regulator?) that is then wired to positive and neg of 2 of the 6-volt batteries. I'll go take pictures.

Everything stock, has 24 x 10-12 mud tires.
The winch is not going to run off of a voltage converter, they do not put out enough wattage. You will need a power source for the winch. Sounds like it used two 6v batteries to provide 12v to the winch.

A 4x4 cart will consume more watts per mile than a 2 wheel drive cart. So that will need to be a consideration.

You are replacing eight 6v batteries too, so that's a lot of capacity. If it were me I'd get a 12V marine battery for your winch and the 105 or 160 for the main pack.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:39 AM   #18
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I was thinking I may use 2 of the (best) batteries I have to use for lights and wench. Most of them are still in good shape. Have 3 that are getting in the fair range. I have another TXT for running around the yard, mostly use this cart for hunting, going into woods. Got time to consider all this before next hunting season.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:36 PM   #19
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Did you go with the roypow? How did it work out for you? I am looking to replace the lead batts in my 09 stealth 4x4. Any more info would be great
deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:20 PM   #20
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yes, I did and am very happy. Did keep the 2 best 6 volt batterys for the winch and light. Worked out good. Lot more "pep".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium