lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2021, 04:54 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Allied lithium SOC meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlPack View Post
I'm getting roughly 20 miles per charge based on my odometer on my phone. See my signature for how it's configured.

I've removed the balancer and charged it back up from 86% to 100%.

Just after I tested each and they were waaaay out of balance. A couple hrs later they are seemingly coming into balance. I'll drive it tonight and do some calculations in order to determine if there's improvement.
But what is your voltage after charging it, and letting it rest for a few hours? And what is the ending voltage after that 20 miles?

Not to be rude but percentages are not helpful at all... it’s like asking someone how sick they feel on a scale of 1-10 and they say “sick”. Quantification is helpful otherwise it’s just speculation
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2021, 05:23 PM   #12
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've never looked at the voltage after driving (or during for that matter). I understand your point but I've just looked at the percentages after 30min or so.

So this afternoon, to continue this saga, I called Allied back and told them my batteries are now not balanced. No surprise right? They told me to take the balancer off to eliminate its parasitic draw. But they are wayyy out of balance and supposedly at 100% per the meter and charger.

Pos 1 - 14.3
2- 13.6
3- 14.5
Neg 4- 13.4

Soon the discussion turned to why they (Allied) made the decision to go from Series to to Parallel. The central reason involved being able to balance the batteries when charging.

Unfortunately for me, I was among those that purchased BEFORE this decision. The free balancer was nice....and it works....but at the expense of draw. So, in the end, not the perfect "fix."

Thankfully they have decided to swap by 4 x 12v x 80ah for 3 x 48v x 30ah to be run in parallel. This is the perfect solution as they are under warranty and SHOULD eliminate this hassle. I also decided to buy an additional 30ah battery which is going to put me at 120ah....up from 80ah....for just an extra $875.

It's going to take at least a month to get me the new ones so I will continue to use what I have til they arrive.

All is well that ends well.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:33 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You should have incredible range with the 4x48v. I only have 2 of them and don’t know that I can see ever needing any more.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #14
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have received all the swap-outs including the additional 30ah......putting me now at 120ah.

Wow...I rode it hard up and down some hills yesterday and my math puts me at 57mi of range and that's with a PQ bandit.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:04 PM   #15
urungus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi, golf cart at rest overnight. Meter reads 60% then I press menu button, display lights up and then meter goes down to 47% and then creeps back up. Is that normal ? I am concerned about getting stranded far from electric outlet when there are these sudden dips in the percentage.
urungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:11 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by urungus View Post
Hi, golf cart at rest overnight. Meter reads 60% then I press menu button, display lights up and then meter goes down to 47% and then creeps back up. Is that normal ? I am concerned about getting stranded far from electric outlet when there are these sudden dips in the percentage.
I wouldn’t worry too much. Allied told me that 51.2v is “dead” at rest. But low voltage cutoff is I believe 44v for greater than 16 seconds.

I don’t even use the allied meter anymore. I think it’s in the glovebox but I haven’t opened that in the last 6 months either

I bought a renogy 500A meter off of Amazon and couldn’t see using anything else. It’s much much better. Think I paid about 80 bucks for it.
Old 05-01-2022, 09:56 PM   #17
urungus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi @CP241 thanks for your comments. Renology meter looks interesting, attachment 1 is their wiring diagram

I have a two Allied lithium battery setup wired as in attachment 2, which of the two batteries (A or B) does the shunt get connected to ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5C608901-75EA-4ADF-B329-CC2554C129A5.jpg (18.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg E71ADDD9-8074-47E1-A2D2-D662878A7BDC.jpg (22.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-01-2022, 11:01 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Hi @CP241 thanks for your comments. Renology meter looks interesting, attachment 1 is their wiring diagram

I have a two Allied lithium battery setup wired as in attachment 2, which of the two batteries (A or B) does the shunt get connected to ?
Whichever battery is connected to the cart. One battery should only be connected to the second battery. The second battery connects to everything else.

Disconnect the main wire going to the pack negative terminal on that second battery. Hook your shunt up to that terminal and then reconnect what used to go to that terminal to the shunt. You basically want 100% of the electricity being fed to the cart to pass through that shunt. The negative wire for the charger should hook up to the shunt also so it can monitor not only the outgoing electrons, but the incoming electrons as well while it charges.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:26 AM   #19
urungus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So like this ? From your comment it seems like I might also need to move the negative lead from the charging port that is currently attached to battery “B” ?

74EAFD05-873C-440A-B37D-6E1C8D6E0EED.jpeg
Old 05-02-2022, 01:02 AM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
So like this ? From your comment it seems like I might also need to move the negative lead from the charging port that is currently attached to battery “B” ?

Attachment 229336
No. The charging leads and the 12v converter leads all need to go to battery A. The only 2 wires connected to battery B should be the 2 large cables connecting it to battery A. That’s it. Nothing else should be on battery B.

Everything (+) on battery A connects to the terminal on battery A. Converter, charger, cart lead, etc.

The ONLY thing connected to the negative terminal on battery A is the shunt. EVERYTHING (-) connects to the other side of the shunt so that 100% of the current passes through that shunt before it gets to the cart, charger, 12v converter, whatever.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car