lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Hunting and Fishing Supplies
Hunting and Fishing Supplies *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #1
Shufigo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 25 years of cammming.

For those who are in or going deeper into trail cams. I've been in them since the 90's, even making them out of Owl 35mm and Radio Shack IR sensors in a Pelican case. Over all the years, I've seen some trends. First, I'll never - - ever - buy a Cuddeback again. QC marginal at very best and customer service non-existent. Very promising newcomer = LETSCOM JDL - 201. Other than that, watch the sales and pretty much get what you pay for. Expect about 2 years out of an entry price level cam. My 'most happy with' brands have been Bushnell (quality) and primos (simplicity). Simple is best for pics where you're simply counting eyeballs in the dark field and quality is where you're setting up for a pic that you think you'd like to share or frame. I'd be curious to hear about others' experience.
Shufigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 25 years of cammming.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For 40 bucks and im pretty **** impressed.. does time lapse, takes 3 picture burst every 5 seconds.. and you can set up specific times for start and stop for videos.
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I used to have a Moultrie digital trail cam. I was always very pleased with it.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:45 PM   #4
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

I have used Browning cams. A little pricey. I did have one leak on me after a couple years. Took really good pics. Also Moultrie. Like you said, you'll get what you pay for most of the time, except Cuddie. Not worth the $$. Someone needs to sell a $80-100 camera only. No video, easy set up, no xtras. Kinda like a truck with roll up windows and radio...lol. No thrills, but it gets the job done.
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Anyone ever had one of their cams stolen? I did once. From then on I always used a lock and cable around the tree.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #6
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I've been using them for about the same length of time. I never bought the more expensive ones, but about two years was all I got out of the ones i had. The time lapse took too long and too mush space downloading.

Currently only have one cellular camera. My deer lease is remote and cant get service, but I can get a little service at my turkey lease. My friends seem to think the Bushnell, Browning seem to have better rating. i have never had one though.
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:30 AM   #7
jroftx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Me and my brother built our own Cams back in the day. we even build one using a Sony video cam only problem it would get a little hot.. I have yet to find a good cam. I have 4 muddy cell cams now. Like every thing else China ****. after the 2nd yr throw them away and buy new.. I would pay the money for a good cam if they took good pics and last a little longer. Maybe we need to go back to building our own again. My brother is the smart one. He works for big computer company writing software he don't use windows half the time. I was going to go with the Cuddeback till I read this .. back to looking let me know if you find a good one.
jroftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Hunting and Fishing Supplies