lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting Blind help!!

Do you hunt with the window open, or do you open it when getting ready to shoot?

I've always wondered about the reflection moving, and spooking the deer.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #22
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Do you hunt with the window open, or do you open it when getting ready to shoot?

I've always wondered about the reflection moving, and spooking the deer.
Those pictures where taken when i first built the stand 2yrs ago. I now have the inside of it lined with black bed sheeting material and curtains using the same material over the windows. The stand has 4 - 12"X48" windows and i only ever open one of them. So during the off season im going to remove the windows and replace them with wood.

Yes i keep the one window open the entire time im hunting but keep the curtain up covering 2/3s of the one window. When i go back up to the camp next weekend ill take a picture. If its extremely cold and wind is kicking ill close it to heat the stand up real good and then open it again.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 11:23 PM   #23
oldrock
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Dealt with mice and rats in blinds all my life. Only solution we ever came up with is really building blinds that seal up tight. Will take more time and cost a bit more but mice and rats are just terrible when you are hunting. Also, it is fun to hunt them with an air rifle or 22 during the off season. We get them around our feeder every year and shooting them is fun and helpful to keep the numbers down. Won't help in all areas but leaving certain predators to do their job helps too.

HUNT0899.JPG
oldrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing