lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #11
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Operation G22 - My First Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird6246 View Post
i will build you a custom Penguins cart for that NOVA LOL go with GRADE 5 bolts the shock will break before they will
+1 on that idea!!!! I plan on going through all my hardware and getting better stuff. Not to mention all the stuff that did come with it didn't have a hole for the cotter pins. Sorry to hear of your disappointment! Definitely glad it wasn't with the kids in it! My cart doesn't have lights but am gonna go the route of a brush guard mounted light. You're making progress!!! Did you go with the heavy duty springs in the rear? I just ordered mine up today. When I bought my kit I was told it would work with my Jakes Disc brake kit and it won't. So they had to ship out new spindles for mine. I hate to also bag on a USA based and built company. But come on!!! Keep the pics coming!
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #12
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird6246 View Post
i will build you a custom Penguins cart for that NOVA LOL go with GRADE 5 bolts the shock will break before they will
Hahaha, I don't think I have ever seen a golf cart I would trade my nova for ;).

I went overkill with a grade 8. Had a motor mount bolt in the random hardware bin :). According to Jake's, this is a design flaw that has been fixed for years with a new upper shock bracket, but they decided to send me an old discontinued model and blame it on the vendor.
Daubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #13
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny73 View Post
+1 on that idea!!!! I plan on going through all my hardware and getting better stuff. Not to mention all the stuff that did come with it didn't have a hole for the cotter pins. Sorry to hear of your disappointment! Definitely glad it wasn't with the kids in it! My cart doesn't have lights but am gonna go the route of a brush guard mounted light. You're making progress!!! Did you go with the heavy duty springs in the rear? I just ordered mine up today. When I bought my kit I was told it would work with my Jakes Disc brake kit and it won't. So they had to ship out new spindles for mine. I hate to also bag on a USA based and built company. But come on!!! Keep the pics coming!
Yeah huge disappointment not only in their product but mostly in them as a company for the way they are handling it. You can run the lights easy enough in yours, just take it off the battery, inline fuse to a dash switch and light her up! I am still running stock rear springs. I will probably upgrade over the winter but to be honest I haven't had any issues yet. Never had any rubbing in the back even with 22's and only a 3" spindle lift.

Bummer on your brakes. I too plan on getting a disc kit so I will probably need new spindles too. But at this point I will probably be looking at other kits than Jakes. It would be one thing if they made a mistake, that happens, but to not just own up and fix it and lie to me to pass the buck onto the retailer is very shady. Live and learn
Old 09-28-2016, 07:06 PM   #14
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Certainly not the most productive day. From catastrophic failure of the lift to hours fighting with Jakes about it and then to add to my garage mishaps, got my wifes Flex torn apart to replace all pads, rotors, caliper teardown/paint etc (inspection up friday lol), I find the parts were all incorrect :facepalm: . But I did get the kit all on and the stance is awesome. Going to get everything put back together tomorrow to take up to camp for the weekend.

And one of my little grease monkeys working hard

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #15
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you haven't noticed, my tires are smaller on the front. For whatever reason the previous owner like the "raked" look so they are 22's on the rear and 20's on the front. I hate it. What I did right now with the lift was cranked it up to 8" on the front so it actually sits level but I am replacing the tires soon. I just snagged a pair off of local facebook classifieds that I will be picking up this weekend. It is only 2 so I am just going to order 2 new ones to match. They are 23x10x10 and I will likely get 23x8x10 for the fronts. They are Innova Mud Gears. They are very aggressive and I like them a lot. They are a highly rated ATV and UTV tire.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #16
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well just got off the phone with Jake's about this whole situation and got handed and entire different story. First they said that Jason's sold me a very old and outdated kit. Then when I found out that it was dropshipped directly from Jake's they changed to it is no longer an outdated kit??? Even though the "most up to date" instructions include parts that were not even with my kit, they just kept saying I received bad information... from THEM!

So when asked if that is all true, why the catastrophic failure of my kit. "Well it could have just been a bad bolt. We have no way of knowing if they are defective before sending out." How is that for confidence in major suspension components on an off road vehicle that hauls my family? So their resolution? Replace the bolt. Gee thanks....

Moral of the story? Jake's lost a customer
Old 09-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #17
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Daubers.. I had plans on going with a Jake's 6" lift kit for my G2 project, but I might have to rethink that..not a good ideal to treat your customers like that.
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #18
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That's terrible!
I was planning On ordering a Jakes LT kit next.
Any other company make a G22 long travel kit?
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #19
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It certainly is a shame. The only other LT kit I've seen is All Sports, but I couldn't find them anywhere. I even emailed the company and never heard back. I have heard the RHOX A Arm lift is solid and about half the price though.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #20
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

On some more productive news, I got the cart put back together and some new lights put on so I can take up to camp this weekend.

Tags
custom, diy, g22, lift, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides