lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Question about flipping leafs on ezgo

So when you guys say you're flipping the leafs, are you flipping them upside down and bolting them back up or are you flipping them around front -to-back?
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question about flipping leafs on ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdawg(Mikey) View Post
So when you guys say you're flipping the leafs, are you flipping them upside down and bolting them back up or are you flipping them around front -to-back?
Upside down. Keep in mind, by doing this the "spring" part is no longer holding the cart up. In my case the air shocks are providing the ride support/height and they are working against the spring. this does make for a more rigid ride on my cart but nothing unlivable.
Turbo_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the answer man. I flipped them and my steering hit them. I'm probably gonna end up building a 2link and ditching the leafs
Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm planning on doing the same when I get some free space in my garage. I want to do 2 link on front and back. Then I can completely ride on air shocks and not fight the leaves. Should make for a better ride in the long run. I need to add some length to the front for my steering too but yours looks different than mine so you may not need too.
Turbo_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine has a weird pendulum thing that hangs down and the tie rods attach and run to the spindles. It hangs super low once I lowered it and during suspension travel it makes the tie rods change length which in turn gives me toe in and out during the cycle. I wish I had your style steering but I guess I'll make do. I'm gonna do a link in the rear as well as soon as my bushings come in. I'm also thinking about ditching the tie rods all together and going with a heim joint setup. Maybe they will help with the aggressive angles and have less binding
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!