lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2019, 06:04 AM   #1
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default club car precedent- Dies when wet

have a 2010 club car. GOt caught in a storm last night and went through a puddle and about 10 seconds later the cart lost power.

after waiting about 10 minutes and messing with the pedal over and over again we finally got about 50% power and made it back to the house.

where should I start looking?
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: club car precedent- Dies when wet

You may have lucked up and just soaked the speed sensor and it is wet. I would go to Tow, check pull the Negative cable, then unplug and gently blow out the connectors and other areas. Hopefully it will dry out and be ok. If it does not beep and have resistance when pushing it, that is it for sure.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

ok, thanks for the help.

i did hear a really faint steady beep when it happened

for a minute or so the cart was actually moving very slow by itself (without pressing pedal), but if I pressed pedal it would actually stop

-And after sitting over night cart appear to be back to normal
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you got some of the wiring at the controller wet it could cause that. Creeping forward with no pedal input would either mean the MCOR got water in it, or some connections at the controller or the harness connectors under the cart got water in them.
I would put it in tow mode, disconnect the pack negative and positive, and start pulling apart every connector I could find under the cart and in the controller area and make sure there is no water inside the connectors. Apply silicone di-electric grease to the connector pins to help keep water out if the same ever happens again.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car